• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dual Monitors - Games crash whole computer

Associate
I have a dual monitor setup, one 21:9 2560x1080 another 16:9 1920x1080. I use the 21:9 to play games on while watching a film or something on the other monitor. Ive got an FX-6300, 16gb RAM and an R9-390X GPU with a 750W PSU.

When I play games on my monitor some games will cause my whole computer to crash, not BSOD, just black screen then I have to reset the PSU to turn it back on.

Ive researched and I should only need a 550W PSU so that should be fine. Just stress tested my CPU and GPU: off fullscreen it didn't seem to crash, on fullscreen it crashed after a few minutes.

I used Prime95 to test the CPU and it seemed fine, just stayed at 80% and 63oC. But the GPU I think may be the issue, not too sure why that requires me to reset the PSU though...

Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? Similar problems? or other tests I should run?

Currently running windows memory diagnostics just to be sure.

Thanks, Liam

Back
Top Bottom