1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb Question Time

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by sven, 24 Jan 2006.

1. sven

Gangster

Excuse the Dumb question

Choices Choices, either the Asus A8N-E or the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra. I'm not overclocking, Im gonna buy a 7800GT at the same time. At the Mo. ive got a MSI K8n neo2 mobo and i want to upgrade it coz i've got £300 and it aint half burning a hole in my pocket

i,ve got an Xp3200 1gb of Geil PC4000 Ultra platinum, 2 IDE hard drives, DVD, DVD writer and an Hiper HPU-4K580-MK PSU. Is all this compatible with the above 2 Mobo's and which is the best

2. toM123

Hitman

Yes it will all be compatible, if your not overclocking go for the cheapest out of the two you wont see any difference .

3. Arcane

Mobster

There's never a dumb question, just dumb people who don't ask questions! :D

XP3200? Am I right in assuming that's not an A64? If so, then that won't fit, you need a s939 CPU.

4. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

I'm a bit curious about that as well, the motherboard listed is the MSI K8N Neo2 which is a socket 939 motherboard which would suggest that it will be ok but an XP3200 is a socket A CPU, unless sven means that he has an A64 3200?

Other than that the parts are all compatible and I'd personally go for the Asus as every motherboard I have used of theirs has been totally rock solid :)

5. sven

Gangster

Sorry Arcane and Semi-pro waster I do mean a A64 3200, told you i was Dumb :D

6. Arcane

Mobster

No problem mate, just didn't want to give you incorrect advice ;). The Asus should be fine, check the RAM's on their qualified vendor list and do a google to see if anyone else has problems with that combo.

Good Luck!