1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD drive help needed

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by The_Dark_Side, 28 May 2006.

1. The_Dark_Side

Capodecina

when using Nero to burn data onto a blank disk, the burn process fails returning the error message "power calibration error".
    can any of the members shed some light on this please?

thanks.

2. Indy500

Capodecina

What drive, which type of blank disk and does this happen every time?

3. The_Dark_Side

Capodecina

pioneer 107 using datawrite titaniums and it's happened the last six or seven times i've tried to burn a disc.

4. Orifice

Man of Honour

A lot of people seem to suggest its bad discs, I had the error once when using some very cheap cd's, which were swifly consigned to the bin.

5. The_Dark_Side

Capodecina

the thing is i've burned about 30 discs from this pack of 50 without a single flaw, yet the last six or seven have all failed with the same error after less than 2 mins.
    grr :mad:

6. Orifice

Man of Honour

Might be worth trying some different ones, i've got most of the way through packs of 50 before, and the last few dont work properly.

7. The_Dark_Side

Capodecina

it's looking like i may have to.
    a friend of mine has found a possible fix for the problem too involving changing the settings in the admin tools section of control panel.hopefully this problem will go away or else i have big problems :(