• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DX11 the next generation - overall impressions

AMG

AMG

Soldato
farcry 2 blew big time...great ideas, yes...poorly put in...

in a sand box game like farcry2 at least make the buildings go boom -.-when I hit a shack with a RPG I expect it to go into little pieces not just bounce off o.O

Associate
farcry 2 blew big time...great ideas, yes...poorly put in...

in a sand box game like farcry2 at least make the buildings go boom -.-when I hit a shack with a RPG I expect it to go into little pieces not just bounce off o.O

Yea i agree, it had so much potential.

Although its personally my worst game ever, next to AvP ofc. :D

Soldato
I also think Far Cry 2 was crap compared to Crysis, driving around in a jeep over and over again drove me nuts to the point I couldnt finish the game, it had a lot of very repetitive elements to it

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I did like how all weapons misfired that was funny, particularly the Rpg as it normally went *click*...me: oh **** ....*runs*...*boom*....sets fire to everything :p

if only farcry 2 was like crysis, but keeping what was good about farcry2 = win

the graphics was nice, it ran nice as well, the environment was quite decent...it was just the man made stuff that was annoying....the AI was silly...and it got boring as you couldn't blow stuff up :(

Soldato
Not impressed. Crysis was the biggest graphical jump I have seen recently.

Gone are the days of going from games like Twisted metal in software mode and Tekken 1/2 on PS1 to firing up Unreal in 3DFX and being amazed. I remember watching the castle flyby intro for about 5 minutes before even starting the game. This was way way ahead of any console game at the time

Associate
[snip] I remember watching the castle flyby intro for about 5 minutes before even starting the game. This was way way ahead of any console game at the time

Woah that brings me back, I remember doing the exact same thing mate.

But when it comes to graphics, diminishing return are quite high unless we develop truly new tech. Proper cloth and hair physics in mainstream games are the next 'big' thing down the line I think. Still looking forward. :p

- Ordokai

Soldato
I can't check that again but whenever I try some old games I remember looking great I am always amazed how crap they look, I think the original Unreal will be the same.

It doesnt. Sure it doesnt look like Crysis but I watched the Unreal intro on youtube yesterday and still look great (plus good music)

Watched the original 3DFX logo vid too. Havent seen that for a few years!

Back
Top Bottom