Dying Light - PC next gen zombie open world game?

Soldato
I bought my copy from cdkeys for £23 and it's been well worth that without even touching the expansion.

Was initially looking to get it from cdkeys the other day but it said it's not in stock. Tried again yesterday and the website was taken down to be updated. Waited all day for it to come back online and got fed up, so just bought it on steam for full price. Have a few days off work so wanted to play it while I can.

Anyway, checked cdkeys just now and its back up and the game is in stock for £23. :mad:

Soldato
I've read somewhere that you can jump to and fro between Harran and the countryside and the loot/xp carries over. Can anyone confirm? If this is true I might buy the DLC now, even though I'm only four hours into the base game, it could account for some nice gameplay variety.

Soldato
I've read somewhere that you can jump to and fro between Harran and the countryside and the loot/xp carries over. Can anyone confirm? If this is true I might buy the DLC now, even though I'm only four hours into the base game, it could account for some nice gameplay variety.

EDIT: It seems that you can jump between the two campaigns through the main menu and it saves progress in either with all the weapons, xp and loot so you can effectively play both at the same time:D Sounds fantastic, I hope this is true!

Dang, quoted my own post by accident, sorry:/

Soldato
What the gun play like in this game?
Seems like it could limited and mostly melee combat?

Thanks.
I use guns pretty much solely against other armed humans and ideally only when I'm isolated from zombies. Like some other games, you'll attract zombies if you shoot your guns, but the sort of zombies you attract are fairly vicious and fast and will seek you out wherever you are(outside of unlocked safezones), so it's really not a great idea.

You'll spend most of your time with melee weapons, definitely.

The actual gunplay itself is entirely serviceable if you use a keyboard/mouse, but definitely nothing noteworthy. The game is more designed for you to use your movement, melee, traps and craftables to survive.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Playing with a couple mates and it's megalols in the buggies. Last night we figured out that if you're a passenger in a buggy and the driver goes under a low pass and you're in the "standing" position, you will die. You gotta duck to avoid getting your head lopped off :D

Also, driving someone else's buggy into a hidden area, or a tree a few times provides some amusement :p

Need to kill more zombies though as I have not levelled up enough yet, even after my perks from the last land carried over...

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I would say 80% is melee combat,there is a rifle,shotgun,pistol which can be used but its mostly blades ect.

Pistols and rifles just don't do enough damage the shotguns and crossbows are the weapons to go for. Of course you can always stick with blades etc.

Permabanned
Quick question,

I had not got around to playing Dying Light much, When the Following released I booted it up and ended up playing the main game. I've now put about 20 hours into the main game and I think I'm still a long way from finished and I fancy checking out The Following. Can I do that without losing my saves for the main game and if so how do I go about it?

Soldato
You should be fine. I bought and played the following recently. Did not impact my main game save at all. I believe it has seperate saves for both so you can load each one when you like without interruptions.

Soldato
Rock Paper Shotgun's 'Wot I Think' summed it up fantastically. Essentially think of the countryside as one giant game of 'floor is lava', and your buggy is the cushion on the floor. Essentially a liferaft.

Soldato
If I were to buy the standard edition from a key site for £15, would my version be automatically updated to the enhanced version / The Following?

Enhanced Edition, yes. (Free to all players, Game update, graphics upgrade (apparently:rolleyes:, see my post above etc)

The Following, no. (New map, buggy vehicles etc. Only if you have the Season Pass or buy The Following separately)

Associate
This makes me sad :(

So optimization really is just deleting visual features, gg Techland.

Graphics difference in Dying Light the following enhanced edition?

Enhanced Edition: Graphics Downgrade (Again...)

So less vegetation and a slight reduction in shadow quality (less sharp shadows it seems) for a 30-40 fps boost is your idea of deleting visual features?

Considering the majority of your time in this game is SPRINTING between zombies, I'd consider that decision a massive no-brainer quite frankly. Not to mention the second area of the game has almost no foliage whatsoever anyway. But hey, if you are determined to have something to complain about, have at it.

Back
Top Bottom