DYSON PURE COOL or Ventless Portable Air Conditioner?

Associate
Hi everyone. I just moved in to a new apartment in London and for some reason it is naturally very hot. It's probably around 30c degrees in here! I'm looking a way to make the place cooler. The living room is 18m2. I don't want to have an air-con unit that needs a hose going outside so I need something I can just plug in.

At the moment I'm looking either a Dyson Pure Cool Tower Fan or a Ventless Portable Air Conditioner. I know most of these portable air-con units you have to top up with air and water but are they better than the Dyson fan or will that do the job?

If you have any recommendations let me know below.

Thank for your help!

Commissario
I would imagine that the ventless air conditioners would be at best only mildly effective, if not make things worse than just a plain fan, as they are IIRC really intended for hotter, dryer conditions and in the UK will likely just make the room more humid.

Really the only ways to cool things is either air flow, or removing the heat outside, if you've got a window you can use a portable AC with the hose passing through the window using either a sash window kit, or (slightly less efficienlty as it's not as insulated) a fabric thing that the hose passes through.

Soldato
Neither really will lower the temperature of the room as such..

The Dyson Pure Cool is just a fan..
The Evaporative AC Units (i.e. Ventless) use water and do make it feel a little cooler.

But neither are remotely as good as a vented portable AC that uses a compressor..

There are ways to not make the outlet hose look so bad, A friend used one of (https://www.toolstation.com/100-round-to-rectangular-adaptor/p55565) mounted to the rear of the AC unit and this goes to a rectangular vent low down on the wall that is not obtrusive on the interior or exterior, I've thought about doing something similar, he has his hidden by the curtains so you really wouldn't see it at all when not in use..

Soldato
Have a watch of this about ventless 'air conditioners' really don't bother with them.

If you want the room to be cooler you either need better moment of air from outside to inside and vise versa or a real aircon unit, you can use lots of methods to make the vent tube less terrible looking, but even if it does look a bit ugly you'll forget right about it once the cool air starts pumping out into the room!

Back
Top Bottom