E3 2021 - June 12 - 15

Soldato
Was Drive Club not similar to Horizon (more arcade like rather than sim)? That didn't really do too well unfortunately

Nope no where near imo. Horizon is a go anywhere (within reason) open world type game, where you can mod the cars quite extensively including paint and cosmetics, more cars than you can really use, old to new, classics, fan favs etc. You can even buy and sell cars with others in a online auction, you have speed traps, drift runs, barn finds loads to do.

Drive club looked pretty but was on closed tracks and I don't think you could even mod the cars and the list of cars wasn't anything to write home about.

The Horizon team just seem to really have their finger on the pulse with car culture.

Associate
Nope no where near imo. Horizon is a go anywhere (within reason) open world type game, where you can mod the cars quite extensively including paint and cosmetics, more cars than you can really use, old to new, classics, fan favs etc. You can even buy and sell cars with others in a online auction, you have speed traps, drift runs, barn finds loads to do.

I'm familiar ;)
I'd never played Drive Club, but had heard good things about it.

Associate
Has anyone seen the Guardians of the Galaxy game trailer from the Square Enix showcase?
I was very sceptical after the Avengers game, but I think this actually looks very interesting. I also think it's the second trailer I've seen today that is using I Need A Hero on the soundtrack..

Associate
Has anyone seen the Guardians of the Galaxy game trailer from the Square Enix showcase?
I was very sceptical after the Avengers game, but I think this actually looks very interesting. I also think it's the second trailer I've seen today that is using I Need A Hero on the soundtrack..
It was certainly a surprise, was nothing groundbreaking but looks good, wonder if the actions you can choose will affect the story in any way

Associate
It was certainly a surprise, was nothing groundbreaking but looks good, wonder if the actions you can choose will affect the story in any way
The prompts shown after a decision was made did remind me of the Telltale Walking Dead games - I'm trying to not to jump to conclusions, but seems pointless showing those points if it doesn't affect the script in some way.

Associate
The prompts shown after a decision was made did remind me of the Telltale Walking Dead games - I'm trying to not to jump to conclusions, but seems pointless showing those points if it doesn't affect the script in some way.
Yes definitely, I don't know, I have a feeling it's a set story and you can just choose pointless outcomes essentially

Back
Top Bottom