E3 2021 - June 12 - 15

Soldato
Arcade racing over racing sim for me too. Just like the use other cars as cushions when cornering and bump them off the track. Explains why I am enjoying Wreckfest so much.

Same, the last "sim" racer I played was the 1st project cars and it had quite a few bugs and was quite boring. I used to prefer a more sim like racer but now something like horizon grabs my attention more, its fun and although more arcade it does have a little mix of sim in it I guess which makes it perfect. Horizon 5 looks absolutely brilliant from what I have seen and to think its coming later this year and on game pass!

From the Summer onwards I feel these new consoles are finally starting to get some truly next gen gaming experiences, late 2021 and into 2022 looks fantastic for games.

Associate
Arcade racing over racing sim for me too. Just like the use other cars as cushions when cornering and bump them off the track. Explains why I am enjoying Wreckfest so much.
Likewise.. I still love Forza Motorsport 7, but I always find myself loading up FH4 instead even though I've played it to death already

Caporegime
FH5 should be good.

FH4 is the only one I played but it really is my era of cars, 80s kid with all the cars you grew up with, upgrade heros missions were ace. Dont know if FH5 can hit that magic again, although Lego island was great fun too.

Associate
What is the consensus on this years E3 - been pretty poor imo - I know there's a global pandemic going on but there's hardly been anything of any real note shown bar some utterly bonkers FH5 footage that looks utterly brilliant. BF 2042 actually looked meh after watching it back.

Starfield we had a teaser trailer and release date but not even a few seconds of alpha gameplay footage - bizarre.

Hoping Nintendo rescue it tonight with the rumoured Switch Pro announcement and more details on the upcoming Poke' games.

Associate
What is the consensus on this years E3 - been pretty poor imo - I know there's a global pandemic going on but there's hardly been anything of any real note shown bar some utterly bonkers FH5 footage that looks utterly brilliant. BF 2042 actually looked meh after watching it back.

Starfield we had a teaser trailer and release date but not even a few seconds of alpha gameplay footage - bizarre.

Hoping Nintendo rescue it tonight with the rumoured Switch Pro announcement and more details on the upcoming Poke' games.

Don't think the new Switch version will be announced at E3 as Nintendo have already said it's software only. Rumours were it was going to be announced before E3 but alas the wait goes on. Expecting the "Starfield" treatment at best for BotW2, a teaser plus a release date of next year.

And yeah, it's been a poor E3, don't know whether it's the pandemic or an early console gen lull. BF2042 looks like a BF4 mod and too silly and esoteric for my tastes, plus talk of "heroes". I loved BF4 back in the day, would have loved a true sequel to that.

Back
Top Bottom