E46 with MV18's

Soldato
I've *just* driven a 4 hour journey in mine. Mine has the Sport seats and 18" MV's and I was comfortable throughout. I found that you can get the seat in a very good position, so it's just a joy to drive long distances.

The tramlining of the 18" MV wheels will annoy you at first, but you will get used to it. They look fantastic, so well worth putting up with them.

Will post more in a min..

Soldato
GSXRMovistar said:
Yeah I know, I can't get pics of mine to show the correct colour either.
tell me about it, look at this one
imolared.jpg

Soldato
As mentioned above, a quick fix to the e46/e39 stereos is to buy a Sony sound on top amp which can be had off ebay for around £30. It's a simple but effective fix and puts a bit of life into the sound system.

I've installed the amp, but also changed my speakers and will be adding a sub this week - so will get back to you on how this works out.

I liked the 530i a lot - but only tried out an auto. However the car wasn't quite right for me, so plumped for the 330d instead.

Soldato
NickXX said:
As mentioned above, a quick fix to the e46/e39 stereos is to buy a Sony sound on top amp which can be had off ebay for around £30. It's a simple but effective fix and puts a bit of life into the sound system.

I've installed the amp, but also changed my speakers and will be adding a sub this week - so will get back to you on how this works out.

I liked the 530i a lot - but only tried out an auto. However the car wasn't quite right for me, so plumped for the 330d instead.
which 330d engine did you get, i was looking at 330's but at the time the 205hp ones were a bit pricey, awesome cars though especially chipped :D

Soldato
Bradmax57 said:
which 330d engine did you get, i was looking at 330's but at the time the 205hp ones were a bit pricey, awesome cars though especially chipped :D

I have the 184bhp version. Going to get it remapped by e-maps though when the weather gets a little better :D

Soldato
was / still am debating to get the 330ci remapped, doesnt give as much difference as a tdi but still should take it upto almost 250bhp so should see some diff? not read or heard anything from someone who has had it done but i know it raises the rev limit :D

Soldato
Bradmax57 said:
was / still am debating to get the 330ci remapped, doesnt give as much difference as a tdi but still should take it upto almost 250bhp so should see some diff? not read or heard anything from someone who has had it done but i know it raises the rev limit :D
I've also been considering this with the addition of a CAI, only thing putitng me off at the moment is the extra cost in insurance, I'm with Admiral and with previous experience they are not too keen on mods.

Soldato
GSXRMovistar said:
I've also been considering this with the addition of a CAI, only thing putitng me off at the moment is the extra cost in insurance, I'm with Admiral and with previous experience they are not too keen on mods.
yeah, some mind some dont, I informed my insurers about the golf and it made no difference, think at the time that was norwich union

Don
spinneR~uk said:
After reading through I've gathered there's a few E46 drivers here and was wondering if any of you had those spokey 18's on them. The reason is I need to know what high speed stability, tramilining and just general front end twitchiness is like with them?

I'm coming from a Saab 95 Aero and have driven a 530i which although didn't have the speed of the Saab, certainly had everything else I'm after, particularly good stability at 80, and I loved it on fast A roads too. How does the E46 drive with those great big wheels on. I like the 330i but I can't find one locally to test. I'm a fussy driver and if it's a curse then I'll soon lose patience with it I know. I also hear stereos are poor in them too.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

I have 19 inch wheels on mine and while the ride isn't perfect it is still better that my scooby was

re the stereo , mine has the HK upgrade , this is reasonable but if you consider that it's a 700 quid option they really ought to have done better

the MV2's don't do it for me , having saiid that I used to hate the 19s I have but now think they are the best wheels going

Last edited:
Soldato
Rotty said:
I have 19 inch wheels on mine and while the ride isn't perfect it is still better that my scooby was

re the stereo , mine has the HK upgrade , this is reasonable but if you consider that it's a 700 quid option they really ought to have done better

the MV2's don't do it for me , having saiid that I used to hate the 19s I have but now think they are the best wheels going
I also have the HK upgrade which I think is pretty good, but as this is my first BM ive nothing to compare it with

Back
Top Bottom