E60 and E61 5ers!

Permabanned
Is it just me, or are these cars growing on me the more I see them!?

When i first saw it, I wanted to techni colour yawn......

Sure, in the main, the execs that buy them (or get landed with them) look like they are running 15" wheels, and look dire, but with some 19"s on them (and the sport kit), they look like absolute unadulterated PRON!!

I would really really like one of these in a couple of years tbh!

Associate
this is how i was with all BMW's new designs , when i first saw the Z4 i thought it was vulgar now i think they're sheer sex. when i saw the E90 i also though it was ugly but the more i see it the more i like it!

i even thought this about my E60 which i just picked up yesterday! it doesent have the M Kit but it has the 18 inch wheels and im looking into a body kit of some kind for it as we speak.

I think BMW's new designs are very clever in that they make you look a fool when you mouth off about how ugly they are then go and buy one...ahem :D

Associate
even the interiors though , if you spec the invividual option even though it costs a bomb some of the examples around look pure stunning, a mate of mine who has an E90 has piano black trim and Lemon leather which is almost white and that looks brilliant! i think if instead of having the black dash they replaced it with the colour of the seats, beige for example it would look a lot better.

*s

Adz

Adz

Soldato
I must admit, the more I see the 5, the more it grows on me. I thought it looked hideous at the launch, I couldn't imagine anyone buying them but they're *everywhere* in London now.

The interior does look a little cheap but they'll probably fix that in the facelift model.

Soldato
ringtaxi2.jpg

ringtaxi1.jpg

Since i saw that in real life, ive fallen in love with the e60 :D i need an e60 m5 in that livery.

Tom.

Godfather
Godfather
Hated the E60 when it was announced. Now it looks cool and mean. Handles better than every road car I have driven or owned too.

Soldato
It's definately one of those designs that grows on you with time. I wasn't a fan at first, but now I actually rather like it, especially when paired with decent alloys.

Last edited:

Maz

Maz

Soldato
I've always said this from the start!

They designed for the future in mind, Bangle is a genius!

First you hate them, then you start to love them.

I loved them from the start!

Soldato
Maz said:
I've always said this from the start!

They designed for the future in mind, Bangle is a genius!

First you hate them, then you start to love them.

I loved them from the start!

Totally agree. I loved the styling right from the off too.

Went out yesterday and spotted one in the carpark - missus said what's that - I said 5 series and she said can't you trade your car in for one of them. :)

Of course I told her to FO, but that's beside the point.

Zod

Zod

Associate
I like it. A lot. It does handle very well, but I don't think Spie has owned a CSL. That handled better, but it doesn't have the simply astonishing power delivery of the M5.

M5_Whernside.JPG

M5_Whernside2.JPG

:D

Suspended
Zod said:
I had four E46s. You can make the transition.

Heh - thing is i do like the new shape but it will end up making my car look dated in my head if i think about it too much ;)

*goes back to burying head in sand*

Back
Top Bottom