• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8400 - how far have people got them on air?

Associate
Just had another play with mine - looks like the MB is definitely the problem - can get it to 3.76ghz with 418 x 9 FSB.

Ran IBT 10 times and hit a max of 65c in a warm room yesterday.

Rich

Associate
The Freezer 7 Pro is push-pin and more than adequate for all but the most extreme overclocking with zero risk of "bending" your motherboard. Stop spreading FUD.

LMAO :D:D:D - I will see if I can find my old photos of my Freezer 7 Pro on my P5Q-E. It was bowing quite a bit beneath the CPU socket. Its much better now with my Megahalems and the support bracket.

Associate
Been running mine @4Ghz+ for about 18 months now on an X48-DS5, still havent found a game it cannot play.

I'll wait till prices drop then get another 4890 and maybe a good quad which should last me another couple of years gaming.

Great cpu.

Caporegime
Been running mine @4Ghz+ for about 18 months now on an X48-DS5, still havent found a game it cannot play.

I'll wait till prices drop then get another 4890 and maybe a good quad which should last me another couple of years gaming.

Great cpu.

Problem is, 775 quads are now going up in price due to EOL, and dualcores are dropping due to quads becoming more utilised in new software.

This is why I got shot of my E8500 while I could still get decent money for it and plumped on a Q9550 to tide me over until I do a full system upgrade.

Associate
I ran an E8400 @4ghz with a freezer 7 for just over a year. Never had an issue with the mounting of the freezer, and it did a great job for the price. One of the best CPU's I've ever had, next to the T-Bird that is.

Soldato
Had an E8400 (C0) on a Gigabyte P35 DS3P @ 4.2GHz (24/7), was able to run stably @ 4.4GHz and bench @ 4.5GHz, used a Tuniq Tower 120 for cooling, temps high 60Cs, was a very good chip...

Associate
Yer I had a good E8400 which was 100% stable @ 4.40Ghz on air and later water (although adding water cooling didn't enable me to push the chip any higher just lowered the temps).

Mine was an E0.

Associate
I've bought E8400 E0 few weeks ago, but still had no occassion to o/c it properly :) So it ended up with some settings found on the Internet which gave me 4 GHz, I've tried more, but something goes wrong (no time for experiencing) and system freezes. Temps are fine, voltage a bit high, mobo is known as brilliant (Striker II Extreme) and PSU is strong (OCZ Z-Series 850), but o/c is as is... ;)

Back
Top Bottom