EA Store deal: Selection of 9 games at £4.99 each!

Soldato
Karma got me though. Downloaded many gigabytes of mirror's edge, only to find it was corrupt, and because of the ghey way the downloader retrieves the files, a single corrupt file in the archive could not be replaced like it would with steam. Darn!

Caporegime
Glub.

Expansion pack for RA3 is £14.99.

Wunderbar.

Expansion is only £5 at D2D rather than EA or steam, it doesn't require the original game, its an expansion but they made it standalone, rather odd.

Download speed is pretty awesome, instantly starts and stays at 1.2mb/s(my max speed due to crappy house wiring). Better and more consistant speed than really anything I'm able to download anywhere. Downloaded Deadspace and both C&C's overnight,

I got Merc, Dead and Mirror's edge for free basically and thought why not, shame 2 of those 3 are completely crap, not played Deadspace yet, hoping its half decent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
As far as backups go, can you just backup the whole EADM folder and reinstall from that in future, without the need to download it again?

Yes, you download an image of the game basically, just not an image file. You don't play from that folder, once downloaded you install anywhere. Just download all games to a different drive, install to wherever you install games and get again later.

THing is, its NOT a year download limit, hasn't been for some time, infact the EADM tells you what date you added the game. I added BF2142, on the 17/09/2007, yet, I downloaded it again yesterday, at a higher speed than I've ever got off Steam tbh.

Not sure which method is better tbh, the download files as they would be installed A La steam, or download a folder to install from like EADM. Its strange as I always complain about installing stuff on my brothers PS3, not helped by a stupidly small and slow drive, compared to the 360 which downloads as a working game. For the consoles I prefer the 360 method, for PC's I think I prefer the EADM method, also the fact I don't need it open to play, nor do I get bombarded with adverts everytime I open it.

Caporegime
Yes, you download an image of the game basically, just not an image file. You don't play from that folder, once downloaded you install anywhere. Just download all games to a different drive, install to wherever you install games and get again later.

THing is, its NOT a year download limit, hasn't been for some time, infact the EADM tells you what date you added the game. I added BF2142, on the 17/09/2007, yet, I downloaded it again yesterday, at a higher speed than I've ever got off Steam tbh.

Not sure which method is better tbh, the download files as they would be installed A La steam, or download a folder to install from like EADM. Its strange as I always complain about installing stuff on my brothers PS3, not helped by a stupidly small and slow drive, compared to the 360 which downloads as a working game. For the consoles I prefer the 360 method, for PC's I think I prefer the EADM method, also the fact I don't need it open to play, nor do I get bombarded with adverts everytime I open it.

Have you got a source for the no download limit? I can;t find one.

You sure you didn't just pay the extra for the 5 year download thing they offered and forgot?

As that's stil lup on their site

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...D=eaemea&Locale=en_GB&ThemeID=850300&Env=BASE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom