EA Store deal: Selection of 9 games at £4.99 each!

Associate
Anyone who got the £0 glitch had an email from them asking for their money back yet? :p

Nothing so far. Even if this was a genuine glitch and not a publicity stunt, I'm assuming they would have sent something out by now if they wanted recompense :confused:

I'll be re-building my PC as soon as Win 7 is released, so going to wait until after then before I install. Dead space first up...

Permabanned
So.....

I've gone for Burnout Paradise and C&C3. Burnout 3 was a group fave at uni, and Revenge provided some satisfying distractions

Paradise is poor compared to Burnouts 3 and 4 in my opinion, the gameplay is very lacking in comparison as are the variety of the locations. That's why I've waited until it was cheap before buying it as I was underwhelmed when I tried it on its release.

Also having to continually check your route on the mini map or watching out for your flashing indicators detracts from the action a lot.

I hope Burnout 6 does away with the open world bit, or at least closes routes off 'Most Wanted' style so you can just concentrate on racing.

Soldato
Paradise is poor compared to Burnouts 3 and 4 in my opinion, the gameplay is very lacking in comparison as are the variety of the locations. That's why I've waited until it was cheap before buying it as I was underwhelmed when I tried it on its release.

Also having to continually check your route on the mini map or watching out for your flashing indicators detracts from the action a lot.

I hope Burnout 6 does away with the open world bit, or at least closes routes off 'Most Wanted' style so you can just concentrate on racing.

Glad I got it cheap, in that case. I had a bash at the demo on Xbox a while ago, wasn't too impressed but getting the ultimate box for £3.75 was too tempting.

Anyone know when this 25% voucher expires? The Vouchercodes.com website says the 25% code expired end of August, and the only one running at the moment is the 15%, but this is clearly not true.

Caporegime

gotta agree free roam is nice for in-between races for fun, but for a race i want a proper defined and limited track.

Man of Honour
Got Mirror's Edge for free so gave it a quick go as it's highly rated, I hate platform games in general and this isn't really winning me over.

As for the notorious physx effects, heh. Those plastic curtain things really don't seem much better than those in Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow which is about 6 years old now I guess.

Haven't tried Dead Space yet as I'm not a fan of the horror genre, might try mercenaries 2 sometime though.

Most of the other games I'm interested in at £3.75 I've already got, e.g. RA3, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise etc.

Soldato
Dead space I've played a little of so far - very good.

Mirrors edge is better than I thought it would be, though sometimes the controls are frustrating, and the combat parts can be really unnecessarily hard sometimes.

Soldato
I found the mouse response in Dead Space was absoloutley awful. Poor response on any movment you do, and there seems to be little middle ground in moving the rectile a small amount to a large amount - I played around with the sensetivity for a long time aswell.

Soldato
I found the mouse response in Dead Space was absoloutley awful. Poor response on any movment you do, and there seems to be little middle ground in moving the rectile a small amount to a large amount - I played around with the sensetivity for a long time aswell.

Turning off vsync sorted that right out for me.

Associate
Soooo... WTF :(

I went to get a few games but when I tried to register it said that I already had an account??? I KNOW that I have NEVER set up an account with them? Asked for a password reminder and it sent me a warning saying that someone was trying to access my account??

I reset my password and tried to log in but now it just gives me error messages.

Reading previous posts all I can do is sigh, roll my eyes and sypathise with all those that have had trouble with EA

Soldato
Soooo... WTF :(

I went to get a few games but when I tried to register it said that I already had an account??? I KNOW that I have NEVER set up an account with them? Asked for a password reminder and it sent me a warning saying that someone was trying to access my account??

I reset my password and tried to log in but now it just gives me error messages.

Reading previous posts all I can do is sigh, roll my eyes and sypathise with all those that have had trouble with EA
Same as me. From what I can gather it's tied to my Xbox Live account, even though I never signed up with EA... have you ever had Xbox live?

I've sent them several emails, they sent some half assed replies, obviously not bothered in the slightest. Very strange way to run a business :rolleyes:

Associate
Nope :( Never had an X-Box live account and although I do go online with my PS3 it is registered under a different e-mail to the one that they were using.

Weird. I have got it working in the end anyway :)

Got Burnout, Mirrors Edge and Mass effect. I keep hearing good things about the ME's what do people here think??

Soldato
I keep hearing good things about the ME's what do people here think??

It's a very polished game that somewhat distracts from the terribly shallow gameplay and frankly awful combat sequences, but, aside from this, it can be quite fun. It's nice and easy to play and looks pretty. I haven't finished it yet, but I hear it's quite short.

Soldato
I'd rather have it on Steam or retail copies. I don't trust EA for anything.

Dead Space was a great game as was Mass Effect. I enjoyed Mercenaries 2 as well - it was a good console port with lots of destruction (Red Factor Guerilla is based on this really but, apart from the awful driving in Mercs 2 is not a patch on it).

M.

Back
Top Bottom