Ear rings - what do you think of them? Model enclosed

Soldato
OP
penski said:
Just read the thread properly and paid close attention to the pics.

The finish is awful.

*n

The finish - please explain by awful? i was just going to plate them so you can suggest that then, what plating would you of used to finish them?

They well not be your tastes but the finish is excellent, and would value your obvious expert opinion

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
penski said:
Repulsive. £100 buys a nice pair of earrings.

*n

From argos or another high street jeweller that sells crap, and u dont have to be quite so harsh, just saying u didnt like them was enough.

You have go up town to get some thing worth having, i know the background of the jeweller that helped and he has done work for the beckhams,swarkovsky(sp) and the sultan of brunei and Sony erricsson at that last show he was the one that mde the diamon encrysted ear pieces to show off there new bluetooth range???????

Permabanned
Gavin said:
The finish - please explain by awful? i was just going to plate them so you can suggest that then, what plating would you of used to finish them?

They well not be your tastes but the finish is excellent, and would value your obvious expert opinion

Allow me to use the universally-recognised symbol of highlighting flaws, the red outline:

ears1.jpg

ears2.jpg

Obvious gouges, scratches, a lack of finishing to the metal, poor joining (looks like a dab of solder...).

The literally just look like someone has taken some 4mm (or 5mm) wire stock, bent it a few times and soldered it. They look heavy, clumsy, uncomfortable and dull. The design lacks a sense of flow and appears to use the material in a very basic manner. Silver is great stuff and can be made very beautiful but just tacking it together never works.

I have to admit that it's been a couple of months since I last commissioned a pair of earrings (my gf's birthday earlier this year) but if the jeweller handed me a bulky, unfinished, marked pair of items such as those above, I would refuse to pay.

Gavin said:
From argos or another high street jeweller that sells crap, and u dont have to be quite so harsh, just saying u didnt like them was enough.
I've never seen jewelery from Argos at any distance closer than someone walking past with a large plated necklace and hoop earring combo so I can't comment. It certainly looks foul from a distance though. As for being harsh, I am being honest. This is a public forum, if anyone does not wish to receive criticism then they should not post and should certainly not ask for opinions. God forbid they received one.

You have go up town to get some thing worth having, i know the background of the jeweller that helped and he has done work for the beckhams,swarkovsky(sp) and the sultan of brunei and Sony erricsson at that last show he was the one that mde the diamon encrysted ear pieces to show off there new bluetooth range???????

The product certainly does not look like something crafted by the hands of a jeweller who counts "the beckhams,swarkovsky(sp) and the sultan of brunei and Sony erricsson" (sic) amongst their clients.

What do you mean by 'up town'? You'll have to excuse my ignorance of Bromley's colloquialisms.

As I said earlier, £100 can get you a pair of beautiful earrings by an established designer but it will get you an average pair of bespoke ones. £150-200 would get you some very nice, very elegant earrings from a jeweller who knows his materials and can work with you to form a design.

I'm ranting now anyway....It's too early...

*n

Last edited:
Permabanned
kitten_caboodle said:
Just go to Tiffany's tbh, that's where my OH buys all my jewellery and I love it, the little blue boxes & pouches :)

Actually, I've always thought silver looks nice than gold. More subtle and prettier. Gold is far to BLLLIIINNNGGG now anyway.

I can't stand the look of gold :/ Don't know why...It just looks 'wrong' against almost every skin tone.

Silver, Platinum or White Gold, ta.

*n

Permabanned
kitten_caboodle said:
Silver lights up the eyes and skin tone. Platinum and White Gold too.

OMG I agree with you :eek:

:p

Most people experience a mild sense of fear and some hesitation when they realise I'm right...But just accept it and it's all strawberries and waffles from here on in. Much like bumming.

basmic said:
Is Penski in touch with his not-so-masculine side...again? ;)

I'm as camp as christmas and freely admit it.

But. I'm still more of a manly man than anyone else on these forums.

*n

Back
Top Bottom