Ebay help please, UK only item won by someone in Canada

Soldato
Errm bit of an ebay noob i'm afraid, but I've sold an item that was marked as available to UK only and it has been won by someone from Canada. I'd rather not fanny about with sorting out customs stuff (it's an £80 item) and airmail, can I refuse the sale to this bidder and go for the highest UK bidder. The auction clearly states will ship to United Kingdom only. Any help much appreciated :)

Soldato
shipping abroad is a piece of urine, just send it international small packets or royal mail airsure, jsut the same as UK but a bit more expensive, (charge him the extra) I used to sell a bit of stuff on the bay its a lot more simple than you think, just mark it down as a gift on the little form they give you.

Soldato
I have had this recently, people from France, Germany and even South America buying stuff that was marked UK only. However there really is no difference to you the seller. Ask if they want to pay the £2.50 signature premium for Royal Mail AirSure and then just post as normal. Its not your problem to worry about customs. Just declare it as whatever it is at the counter.

Soldato
Clerkin said:
you have to set it to "allow bidders who registered in countries i ship to only"

summit like that anyway, its an option near the end of the listing process

I assumed he'd set that option, I always do...

Suspended
if you havent got an internatioal shipping price then just say its going to cost £50 and thats your expenses or something. He wont want to buy it then :)

Associate
Have you actually contacted the buyer about this?
My dad has this problem all the time. He lives in New Zealand and often buys things from eBay and asks for them to be sent to my address in the UK.

I also once sold an Amplifier that was stated as UK only, except a chap from Hong Kong won it. Luckily he asked that it got sent to his UK address..its no problem

Maybe this is a similar circumstance, so before getting annoyed, email the buyer and politely point out that you stated that you ship to the UK only.
If he did make an honest mistake, then maybe you two can come to an arrangement to send it to Cananda, if its not an unusual item, then there should be little problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Soldato
geeza said:
if you havent got an internatioal shipping price then just say its going to cost £50 and thats your expenses or something. He wont want to buy it then :)

I wouldn't count on it. My cousin sells lots of stuff (junk mostly) on the Bay, and he loves it when he gets an international buyer.

Recently, he sold a broken Laserdic player for £15 buy it now. Someone in Germany bought it, and he charged them £127.99 for postage. They paid immediately. It actually cost him £31 with parcel to go.

His feedback score is well over 500 too.

Soldato
Bigpops said:
I wouldn't count on it. My cousin sells lots of stuff (junk mostly) on the Bay, and he loves it when he gets an international buyer.

Recently, he sold a broken Laserdic player for £15 buy it now. Someone in Germany bought it, and he charged them £127.99 for postage. They paid immediately. It actually cost him £31 with parcel to go.

His feedback score is well over 500 too.

I call BS theres NO WAY anyone would pay 127.99 postage.

Soldato
Rich1988 said:
I call BS theres NO WAY anyone would pay 127.99 postage.

I believe him, whole heartedly. This is just the latest in a series of postage rip-offs. His previous record was for some View-Finder (and old 1980's toy) discs bought by someone in Canada. He charged them £30 postage for what is essentially two pieces of circular cardboard.

Anyway, here's lasredisc player he sold. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phillips-VP-7...9731582967QQcategoryZ3317QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If he was online, i'd get a copy of the paypal transaction for you. Unfortunately, he's out on the lash, so it'll have to wait.

Soldato
OP
Hmm alarm bells ringing now, she wants the item posted to her nigerian "friend" and also has no feedback. Don't think I'll be doing that somehow. How do i go about refusing to send to someone without incurring the wrath of ebay etc?

Back
Top Bottom