1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ebay I dont believe I just did that *facepalms*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raumarik, 27 Jul 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raumarik

Capodecina

Just had a message from someone I'd bought something off of ebay, all above board, one message down in my inbox was a scam one, guess which one I signed into. I still can't believe I did it!

Just jumped onto the correct ebay and altered my password to a completely different one.

Do I close my account or do you think I'll be ok? :( I'm so security conscious 99.9% of the time, I'm really annoyed at myself :mad:

2. Voy06

Hitman

Hmmm. It's whether or not you changed your password in time. For security reasons and peace of mind I would close account and open another one. Presumably you will start on 0 feedback but thats the price you pay.

Hopfully everything will work out for you.

3. Raumarik

Capodecina

just changed my paypal account password as well, just incase :(

4. Jongo

Mobster

change all your passwords while your at it. If you use that same password for other things that are important and are linked in with ebay or money ide change them to be on the safe side :)

5. Raumarik

Capodecina

i think I will have to wait until I've recieved this latest item I guess before I can do that, or maybe just un-twin my paypal account. there was perhaps 60seconds between me realising and changing the password so my fingers are definately crossed!

6. daven1986

Mobster

i did that too, nothing has happened so far. i just changed my ebay password.

it happens to everyone, we are just lucky we realised our mistake.

daven

7. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

Can never be too careful now days. ;)

8. Raumarik

Capodecina

how long ago was it you did it mate? I'll watch my ebay and paypal accounts like a hawk and see what happens!

9. bledd

Don

i'm missing something here, what kind of message was it? :confused: :confused:

10. quadboi

PermaBanned

I had something similar from Alliance and Leicester ...i could tell it was fake as the email it came from....just be careful now. :)

The rest of the email was perfect though. :o

11. Raumarik

Capodecina

clone style ebay message of an auction. I've bid on quite a few recently and was IN A HURRY<- the problem to send payment for an item I'd won.

99% of the time I would never in a million years have fallen for it, still rather annoyed with myself :(

12. Belmit

Man of Honour

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Got an email to say I'd been outbid on something I hadn't bid on and thought 'Has someone hacked my account here?'. Logged in and immediately thought 'Hang on, did I just sign in from the link in the email?'. Doh! Changed password.

Ten minutes later I got the same email again. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.