ebay issue, advice please - sold a camera

Associate
:confused: Crazy indeed, the buyer took the risk buying without knowing, if you'd have said 'low shutter count' without even specifying a number, then he might have a fair case, but as it is it's just plain stupid.

Are you certain that you can get an actual proper shutter count with the 50D? IIRC, I thought that Canon only implemented this with their pro series cameras, like the 1D, 1Ds, 5D etc?

Associate
i hate it when buyers act all funny after purchasing

i think you should take this further, like it has been said before, the buyer should have asked before purchasing, call ebay again and again if you have to.

last resort, tell them that the camera is broken now and it was working fine before you sent it.

to be honest that could be the case here, once my friend had a watch returned to him after buyer not being happy, when he got it back it was all smashed up, but ebay still wouldn't help:mad:

really puts you off ebay

Caporegime
This thread has ended in a manner consistent with all the other stories I've read about eBay. The buyer is always right, even when it's blatantly obvious he's a moron and/or con-artist.

Moral of the story is don't sell expensive things on eBay. Just cheap crap.

Caporegime
woo hoo !

eBay looked at the case and the case has been decided in my favour !

Only bad thing is the buyer has now left my first negative feedback :(

Don't worry. I've had 4 negs in my time and as far as I'm aware it's never caused me any bother. Every time it was because the person leaving the feedback had been a tit in some way and tried to screw me. One guy left me bad feedback because I saw that we lived in the same place and I suggested we meet in town for the exchange rather than him posting the item :confused: Another left me bad feedback saying I "shouldn't call people liars", after he spent a month lying to me taxi driver style telling me that my CD recorder had been sent that morning and would be with me by the end of the week. It's not like I even called him a liar, even in the e-mails I was sending him! What a tool. I forget the others.

Anyway. Your feedback percentage is now calculated over the last 6 months, rather than all time, so you've only a little while before it drops off.

Associate
woo hoo !

As others have stated, eBay users now take more notice of how you respond to a negative feedback, not the fact that you have a negative feedback.

Respond calmly and factually. Post your response here first if you'd like a proof-read.

Also, I guess you could try contacting eBay about the negative feedback. If they've cleared you of any wrong-doing then he shouldn't be leaving negative feedback.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
woo hoo !

i'm extremely surprised that ebay sided in your favour! congratulations!

Don't worry about the negative feedback, you can receive negative feedback, i believe, up to once in every thirty times, and still have a 97% positive rating.

Soldato
woo hoo !

Result! Don't worry too much about the neg feedback ive had my fair share of things go wrong on ebay in the past, once i sold a mobile and the guy said it was broken which it clearly wasnt he demanded his money back blah blah he filed a claim paypal took my money back I then asked him to return the phone he said screw you im now back in africa...... (id posted to london) the best bit was his claim was for non receipt and not damaged when I mentioned this to ebay and provided the special delivery number i got my money straight back :D

Back
Top Bottom