eBay listing img change

Associate
Hi, having issues with an ebay seller. I think he has changed an image within a completed listing to support his argument in a dispute.

My question to the overclockers masses is; are you aware of a site that can track image changes on a webpage?

I am thinking the seller has changed a description displayed by just changing the image linked in the listing.

Thanks

Can't type for toffee
Don
iirc changes to a listing should show either

Images changed on time/date, or changed after auction ended.
Doesn't however stop him from changing the sopurce file to a different name and replacing the original with something else.

whats the issue in particular?

Soldato
If it was the actual ebay image that was changed, they have a log of this.
If it was external links in the main description of the listing, you probably wont be able to prove anything.

Associate
Is there not a notification somewhere to indicate if a listing has been changed or edited after it was ended? I'm sure I have seen that somewhere.

In any case I would presume, and bloody well hope that eBay could tell if it has been changed.

Soldato
Is there not a notification somewhere to indicate if a listing has been changed or edited after it was ended? I'm sure I have seen that somewhere.

In any case I would presume, and bloody well hope that eBay could tell if it has been changed.

Yes, sorry. To clarify what i said before: If he has linked images in the description of the auction and changes the source image (and leaves the links unchanged) then you wont be able to tell. If he has actually edited the links after the auction finished, then ebay will have a log of that as well.

Associate
I think what the OP is saying is that the ebay user has images in his post which are pulled from the ebay user's own website or server somewhere and so the URL ebay is looking for is:

http://www.dodgyebayer.com/images/image001.jpg

The ebay user has then gone onto his server/website, deleted this image and put a new image in its place with the same image001.jpg name and therefore ebay will now pull in the new image.

As such, I doubt there is any way to prove it unless you can use one of those internet timewarp type websites to go back a few days?

Associate
Yes, sorry. To clarify what i said before: If he has linked images in the description of the auction and changes the source image (and leaves the links unchanged) then you wont be able to tell. If he has actually edited the links after the auction finished, then ebay will have a log of that as well.

Ah sorry, I understand better now :D

Associate
OP
I think what the OP is saying is that the ebay user has images in his post which are pulled from the ebay user's own website or server somewhere and so the URL ebay is looking for is:

http://www.dodgyebayer.com/images/image001.jpg

The ebay user has then gone onto his server/website, deleted this image and put a new image in its place with the same image001.jpg name and therefore ebay will now pull in the new image.

As such, I doubt there is any way to prove it unless you can use one of those internet timewarp type websites to go back a few days?

This is spot on. Sorry for my poor description. I am certain the seller has updated the image.

thanks for responses so far :)

Soldato
Tried using wayback machine to load an older version?

Also download the image and check the properties, if it was created after the listing ended that's a big clue.

Back
Top Bottom