1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay question - how long would you wait?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simi, 21 Apr 2010.

1. Simi

Mobster

I know I could ask this on an ebay forum but I like this forum so prefer to post it here as I agree with the general consensus on issues here.

Anyway, onto my problem.
    I sold a 20gb xbox hard drive on ebay and some guy won it for £16.16. The problem is that he won it on Sunday and I haven't heard a peep from him, no payment, nothing.
    I sent him an invoice the same day and after hearing nothing I sent him another the next day accompanied with a message asking him if there was some problem that had delayed payment and could he let me know what was going on.
    Still nothing, no messages, nada.
    It's now day 3 and I'm wondering what the hell is going on with this guy. His feedback seems fine (only 20 feedback but no negatives).

So how long would you wait before filing an unpaid strike so that I can free it up to list again?

2. Jono8

Caporegime

I would give him at least a week.

Maybe he is stuck abroad/cant access internet?

3. Mr.E.

Wise Guy

How long before the end of the auction did he bid ? If it was seconds to go there's no excuse but if it was a few days then maybe ( as above ) there's a problem at his end.

4. Simi

Mobster

It was seconds to go, in fact he was a new bidder who came in right at the end. This is why I'm a bit peeved, whenever I win right at the last moment it's because I'm sat there bidding and I pay right away, I certainly wouldn't wait this long and not even send a message to put the sellers mind at ease.

5. Jono8

Caporegime

hm, in that case it seems a bit weird.

6. Glaucus

Man of Honour

A lot of people use snipping tools.
    give it 7 days.

7. Cool Breeze

Wise Guy

Message him though e-bay, via the item (contact buyer). I had a slow payer a couple of weeks back. couple of polite nudge's later and he payed up no problem.

Some people are just forgetful nothing more.

8. Jono8

Caporegime

true. I still stick with my original post and say give him a week.

9. Simi

Mobster

Hmm well I'll begrudgingly give it a week as you lot seem to think it's a fair amount of time, and then if he still hasn't paid I think ebay make me wait yet another week when an unpaid strike is filed :(
    Fricking ebay, I only put it on there because I thought I'd make more money and I've actually made less than a CEX exchange rate AND I now have to wait days for the damn money - oh the irony!

10. Glaucus

Man of Honour

why didn't you put it on MM, much safer and works out more money. Ok you get less, but you don't have to pay fees, so end up with more and far less hassle.

11. PhillyDee

Capodecina

Its 4 days and 4 days on eBay. 4 days to pay before you can make an unpaid item dispute, and then 4 days after that you can close it.

I give buyers a week to pay, then send an unpaid item notification, then they have 7 days before I close the dispute.

12. Simi

Mobster

I know :( Stupid move, I just figured I'd get more on Ebay because it was only a 20gb xbox hdd so didn't really expect anyone here to want it.
    I'll give him till the end of the week and take it from there.

13. Lunatic Dreyfus

Mobster

Go for seven days. Then burn his ass.

You never know your luck he might decide to pay via a PayPal eCheque. :D

I've got an outstanding sale of my own because of this. It's extremely annoying, especially when I wanted to clear all my junk, oh err... quality items out in one day.