eBay Scammer is idiot? Help with moral dilemma

Soldato
So 'scammer' is probably a be a bit strong, but here's the story -

I sold my DDpai M6 Plus Dashcam on eBay. They're usually around £90 (new, but coming from China) but I'd been sent a free review replacement unit, so was happy to let it go at a good price, it sold within an hour or so for around £64. (Buy It Now)

A month later the buyer gets in touch saying he just can't get his phone to connect to it. I send two or three messages of tips of things to try, saying I will refund it if he really wants (thinking I can probably sell it for a slightly higher price to cover my lost postage costs (both ways, maybe £8 in total)

So, today it arrives back, just as I'm leaving for work. I come home and of course I can connect to it immediately.

Then I realise he's left the MicroSD card in it. A Samsung UHS-I 64gb card.

I'm thinking, oh well, I guess I should message him and ask if he wants to pay postage, I'll send it back.

Then I think, 'well lets check what's on the card'...

... him filming himself, watching himself film himself on his phone... that he said he couldn't connect to it. You see various glimpses of his monitor, with my eBay message on the screen.

The next day there's 10 minutes of him testing it in his car for a position. Again there are glimpses of his phone in a mount with the camera display showing.

So, come on GD, what should I do?

A) Message him, ask for him to pay postage and send it back.

B) Message him, ask for him to pay postage and send it back, but then report him to eBay and ask for my postage costs back.

C) Message him, ask for him to pay postage and send it back, only if he pays me back the postage costs of him returning the Dashcam to me.

D) Screw him, it cost me £8 just cause he changed his mind, I have his £17 of MicroSD card.

Soldato
OP
I've stopped using it for phones. But for other smaller things I often list on here and then on eBay after a few days if there doesn't look to be any interest. Terrible as eBay is, you can sell pretty much anything on there.

And no, I know it doesn't matter. I thought it was quite amusing though that he sent me the evidence that he'd lied to me. Thought people might enjoy it.

Lighten up.

Caporegime
It is amusing but completely unsurprising that an eBay idiot did an idiotic thing (they are all idiots) so I wasn't attacking that. I just find it weird when people post about it because it's ... eBay. That's what happens, that's what you get. The more surprising thread with the least expected outcome would have been 'HEY GUYS, SOLD A THING, ALL WENT WELL!"

Choice A for the little it's worth.

Soldato
OP
For the record, I have over 700 transactions, this is only the second time I've had any kind of issue. To be clear, I should post each time I have a successful, trouble free transaction now? :)

Caporegime
For the record, I have over 700 transactions, this is only the second time I've had any kind of issue. To be clear, I should post each time I have a successful, trouble free transaction now? :)

To be clear, you can post what you like. I would enjoy those threads more than the one you posted, as I indicated.

And further, if only 2 of your 700 idiots have proven themselves to be idiots, wouldn't the normal course of action be to consider them outliers and to ignore and move on? Or doesn't it work like that?

Man of Honour
tell him that you caught him fapping on it, and that you've had offers from various sites, or he can have it back for £5k

Back
Top Bottom