Eclipse speed issues?

Soldato
wigster said:
ive just found out that they know there is a problem and so my mate has told me, they are having issues and WONT be sorting it out yet, time to move to a better isp

Did your mate give a reason/explanation?

Permabanned
anyone know a good one to migrate to ?
needs to be 2mbit unlimited.
our avg d/l is about 30gig p/m but can be upto 100gb.

in the last few months all my pc has done is game, if they cant provide a reliable ping for the high amount that they charge, then they dont deserve average users like us.

you mention leechers migrated to eclipse from another isp that booted em?

oh and just for a laugh, login and read the closed outages over the xmas period, CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS CAUSING BAD ADSL PERFORMANCE 16-dec to 04-jan. solved by: users have now taken xmas lights down. ROFLMAO

Soldato
OP
Moral of the story is LEAVE ECLIPSE-THEY ARE CRAP!

They arent crap, I've been with them for many years now, so have all my friends and work people. They have been through the odd glitch before in the past, I'll give them a while to sort it out before I start looking elsewhere.

Not many other ISPs give u a steady, constant 10ms ping when playing games. But if that's not going to happen anymore, it might be time to move on.

Soldato
chopchop said:
anyone know a good one to migrate to ?
needs to be 2mbit unlimited.
our avg d/l is about 30gig p/m but can be upto 100gb.

The ISP of choice before would have been F2S, but it seems all the heavy users from there are moving on again, along with the masses still leaving Plusnet.

The only ISP other than Eclipse that fits this usage pattern without traffic shaping etc that I can think of is Zen.

Associate
Phil99 said:
The ISP of choice before would have been F2S, but it seems all the heavy users from there are moving on again, along with the masses still leaving Plusnet.

The only ISP other than Eclipse that fits this usage pattern without traffic shaping etc that I can think of is Zen.

not all are heavy users, admittedly some are :) However something has got broken over the weekend or just before and at peak times its dire for me anyway. I left Eclipse for a cheaper 2mb connection and a cap if i remember, Have now come back as the pay for what you get philosophy certainly rung true with F2S :D they don`t even answer the damn phones, Eclipse phone calls so far have been picked up in seconds. Anyway it appears they do admit to a problem with either themselves or BT but it needs fixed asap, they have till next week then I migrate again.

Associate
I'm getting exactly the same. I've been with Eclipse for years and I've never had such a problem like this. Usually my connection is rock solid, up for hundreds of days at a time with no problems.

$ ping -c 100 -i .200 bbc.co.uk
PING bbc.co.uk (212.58.224.131) 56(84) bytes of data.
<a bit later....>
--- bbc.co.uk ping statistics ---
100 packets transmitted, 94 received, 6% packet loss, time 19945ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 15.187/19.092/51.026/5.812 ms, pipe 2

You may be interested registering on L8NC - register, put in your IP, wait for admin approval and it'll ping you every second and graph your latency and packet loss.

My graph was activated a few hours ago, it doesn't look too good:
Linky (make sure you scroll over to 1800 if viewing today)

EDIT:
And for my other IP:
http://www.l8nc.com/graph.php?jid=ded765869e87f80f95d7247d0b8c42f7
Exactly the same (pretty much expected)

Last edited:
Associate
MrGrumpy said:
not all are heavy users, admittedly some are :) However something has got broken over the weekend or just before and at peak times its dire for me anyway. I left Eclipse for a cheaper 2mb connection and a cap if i remember, Have now come back as the pay for what you get philosophy certainly rung true with F2S :D they don`t even answer the damn phones, Eclipse phone calls so far have been picked up in seconds. Anyway it appears they do admit to a problem with either themselves or BT but it needs fixed asap, they have till next week then I migrate again.
My F2S 1Meg connection started slowing down on Sunday evening. At 9:00 Monday it was back to normal. Mon / Tue & Wed evenings have all been slow.
I get abour 540Kbs instead of the usuall 925Kbs.

Gareth.

Soldato
PyRo88 said:
You may be interested registering on L8NC - register, put in your IP, wait for admin approval and it'll ping you every second and graph your latency and packet loss.

yeah I have it and it looks bad......... :( , I`ve been following this on adslguide (username 'cumnock'), I`d like to migrate to Zen but @ circa £30 for 1mb its not cheap...........connection was unusable last night lets hope it gets better today......

Soldato
joroma said:
Try Plusnet. I consistently get 250kb/s download speeds but I don't use P2P.
250KB/sec? hmm unless your on 4mbp or 8mbp (doubtful as maxdsl hasnt launched yet has it?) i cant see how your getting that speed as 2mbp broadband only gives 230ish KB/sec max.

Soldato
sja360 said:
250KB/sec? hmm unless your on 4mbp or 8mbp (doubtful as maxdsl hasnt launched yet has it?) i cant see how your getting that speed as 2mbp broadband only gives 230ish KB/sec max.

I'm quite sure he is capable of getting 250 kilobits per second on Plusnet. Although some may say that is pushing it. :)

Back
Top Bottom