Edinburgh Meet March 2006

Man of Honour
At the moment still definitely up for this and I'll bowl as well, however I can't totally commit yet because I'm not totally sure of uni so maybe best not to book onto a lane for me and if I can make it I'll see about playing then :)

SCM

SCM

Associate
Ok so who is arriving on the Friday and what times, as we can arrange a meet up for the early birds etc and the later arrivals can join us somewhere for the weekend to begin.

SCM

Commissario
I seem to remember that mine, Garps, MB and H and Burbs flights all arrive about the same time so I guess that's a good place to start - Times are earlier in this thread.

I'm up for bowling.

Mubs - Great if you can make it.. Remember, there's going to be beer!

K.

Man of Honour
Feek said:
In all the times I've been to Edinburgh, I've never been to the castle, I'd really like to do that if it's practicable or possible. Isn't that where Mons Meg is?

K.

Yep Mons Meg is in the Castle, if you get there a little before 1 you'll be able to see and hear(maybe wear ear protectors ;)) the gun going off. I think it costs about £10 to look around the castle but if you've never been before it is worth it.

Soldato
Think i'll pass on the castle, once you've seen it (a few times) it's just another castle :p (we have lots)

I shall keep some seats in a pub warm while you guys do the tourist thing.

SCM

SCM

Associate
I'm happy to operate as a mini tour guide for the early arrivals, as wouldn't mind another visit to the castle and show off some of the city. Lets see castle, fudge shop, camera obscura then the grassmarket for the tourist pub visits ;)

Also there is a tourist bus you can get a ticket for and you can hop on and off all day at the attractions.

SCM

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If you (or we if I make it) are going to the castle, a trip to the Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre just a few yards down the hill is well worth it - not a spectacularly fascinating tour but the bar has the best selection of malt whiskies I have ever seen :cool:

Stan :)

Back
Top Bottom