Egg recipes!

Permabanned
Write messages on them and position them in strange, out-of-the-way places all around your city.

That's what I would do.

*n

Associate
Scuzi said:
How are pickled eggs made? Do you just hard boil them and stick them in a big bucket of vinegar? How long do they sit for?

You can buy pickling vinegar and pickling spices from supermarkets. I normally make mine about 3 months before I want to eat them but then I like them eye-wateringly tangy.
I have had some in the pickling vinegar for about a year (I forgot they were there) and all that happened was the white of the eggs had started to disintergrate - they were very strong!!!

Associate
OP
Here's how I'm doing:

• 3 scrambled eggs for 'breakfast'
  • a bacon sandwich with 2 fried eggs in it for lunch
  • a 4 egg chicken omelette for dinner
  • I'm going to my girlfriend's house to make souffles tomorrow

So I've had 9 eggs today :)

9 down, 63 to go. I'm ignoring the sell by date and going with the float or sink method of seeing if they're still good.

:)

EDIT: Maybe I'll make some egg mayonnaise now and put it in a sandwich for the trip tomorrow.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Scuzi said:
Don't eat too many yourself. Eggs are very high in cholesterol which isn't so bad if you have a few but if you eat 70 you could well do some damage.

Also when you're cooking, you generally use eggs to bind things together. Imagine what happens to your guts when you eat 20 of them :p.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Scuzi said:
Don't eat too many yourself. Eggs are very high in cholesterol which isn't so bad if you have a few but if you eat 70 you could well do some damage.

The yolk is the damaging part :)

Make a Souffle :cool:

Associate
Belmit said:
If you have a decent fridge the eggs will keep for up to another month. They've only gone bad if they float in water. Not a particular interesting solution, but true nontheless.

Eggs degrade more rapidly when kept in the fridge. And that's according to Delia Smith, so it must be true.

Back
Top Bottom