Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
penski said:
30% gain for about £400?

*n
On the 1.8vvc?
I didnt think it would cost 3grand for all that, for a proper reyland set up maybe, but my brother recently got a integra type r engine in his civic SIR and it came out to 1000 Euro (roughly) including the lump

And by saying im gonna track the car, i dont mean its gonna be some RX7 killer, or Exige like handling, some coilovers and some superlites would do for suspension.

Anyone any sites for more info on the subject?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Mic said:
On the 1.8vvc?
on just about anything...You need to know what you're doing though...And be able to do the work yourself but yeah...'tis possible.

I didnt think it would cost 3grand for all that, for a proper reyland set up maybe, but my brother recently got a integra type r engine in his civic SIR and it came out to 1000 Euro (roughly) including the lump

I dare say that a vvc into a Rover100 is a bit more involved ;)

Do you know what engine your new one will have...?

Anyone any sites for more info on the subject?

http://www.16vminiclub.com/

*n

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
penski said:
on just about anything...You need to know what you're doing though...And be able to do the work yourself but yeah...'tis possible.

I dare say that a vvc into a Rover100 is a bit more involved ;)

Do you know what engine your new one will have...?

*n
I know its a 1.1 anyway.
So if a 1.8vvc is a little much, what else would be suitable?

How much would a supercharger/turbocharger set me back( and not some crazy one either, but not a ebay jobbie)
Thanks for the site.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
Jez said:
Seriously dude, just take the free car and then sell it straight away. :)

Its a metro.
I could, but I need a track car. I was gonna spend a another 2 or 3 grand on a second CRX, but a free metro? Its different, its light and it has potential.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
penski said:
tosell0059pv.jpg

*n
Its one of these, 2 doors, gray with a 1.1

Soldato
Mic - start off by completely stripping out the car and replacing all windows with plexiglass (apart from windscreen).

Meanwhile, hunt on ebay and other such places for a 1.8VVC. If you cant find one, you might be able to find a Metro GTI thats rusted away cheap enough here.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
commited said:
Mic - start off by completely stripping out the car and replacing all windows with plexiglass (apart from windscreen).

Meanwhile, hunt on ebay and other such places for a 1.8VVC. If you cant find one, you might be able to find a Metro GTI thats rusted away cheap enough here.
If i was to put in the 1.8vvc, what would i need?

Engine, gearbox, loom?

Surely the engine mounts dont line up?

Associate
commited said:

Id say go for the gti option, cheapest and easiest power specially if you strip it out big style.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
commited said:
If yer looking for a cracknut a-team style metro building team, i'd be up for it in the summer. I've done a few engine changes, so I know all the right curse words to make it fit :p
Summer is right about when ill be doing haha. I could use the help being an uber noob. Ill be sure to email you whenever i get the car :D

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
commited said:
Cool - either that or catch me on MSN. :)
Ill be sure to add you when i get msn sorted out, i lost my account again. Damn 30 day bull.
Signed up, posted thread and am now waiting:)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
So is the 1.1 a K series or an A series then?

I'd have thought if it's a K then it can't be too hard to buy a £100 MOT-failure Rover with a 1.8 and graft over some parts. Got to keep these things on budget after all.

Last edited:

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
Jonny69 said:
So is the 1.1 a K series or an A series then?

I'd have thought if it's a K then it can't be too hard to buy a £100 MOT-failure Rover with a 1.8 and graft over some parts. Got to keep these things on budget after all.
Thats the plan. I dont know wheather its a k series or an a series.

Thanks Pigeon for that link :D

Popular Update btw= dissasembly is progressing at a very slow rate, as every nut and bolt is a task in it self just to remove them :D

Back
Top Bottom