EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Associate
How did you find the temps on CPU and CPU (When they were both in the loop ofc) with just the one 360 rad? I am about to go do my first attempt in this case and have been contemplating getting an O11D-XL for the extra space beneath the GPU, and additional space for larger blocks in horizontal form. I might try a setup in the standard O11D for now, but would have to go vertical like you have - my card is a EVGA 1080ti FTW3 by the way. Just concerned that by going vert I wont have enough cooling - though I guess I could forgo the Barrow/EK distro block I was about to buy and put a slim 360 in the back side maybe.

Any thoughts or numbers etc whilst gaming would be useful. Great looking build by the way. Hope that 3080 is treating you well!!!

Soldato
OP
How did you find the temps on CPU and CPU (When they were both in the loop ofc) with just the one 360 rad? I am about to go do my first attempt in this case and have been contemplating getting an O11D-XL for the extra space beneath the GPU, and additional space for larger blocks in horizontal form. I might try a setup in the standard O11D for now, but would have to go vertical like you have - my card is a EVGA 1080ti FTW3 by the way. Just concerned that by going vert I wont have enough cooling - though I guess I could forgo the Barrow/EK distro block I was about to buy and put a slim 360 in the back side maybe.

Any thoughts or numbers etc whilst gaming would be useful. Great looking build by the way. Hope that 3080 is treating you well!!!
I actually had 2 x 360 in the loop when the cpu and gpu was in the loop. Temps were very good, cpu around 65c ish and gpu 44c.

The XL is a good chance for watercooling, i kinda wish i went for it so i could fit a thicker rad at the bottom but it is what it is and i need something a little more compact for my desk.

Have a look at the EK FLT's they a lot more affordable if you want a distro but without the heavy price tag.

The 3090 is a monster, i've got a power draw meter at the wall plug and im drawing around 588-600w at the wall! Not tried overclocking yet but i suspect it would eat up watts.

Soldato
OP
Abit more of an update:

Wasn't happy with the fans running the new setup as the card is smashing out a lot of heat and while i can maintain a good temperature i feel better fans are needed to lower noise levels. Also to tidy up cabling, add some sensors and fluid changes to match the cyber punk 2077 theme.

The following products have been received or are on the way:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £190.27 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Also 2x Bykski Flow Meters for both loops

e52mgFz.jpg

Hopefully get this lot together before the weekend to put it together. Will need to take it all part, drain the loops, clean out the radiators of all fluids and rinse thoroughly.

Looking forward to building this up to an even better standard :D:D:D

Soldato
OP
Looking forward to the pictures :).
Tonight, i'll get something posted for your viewing pleasure in the morning ;)

Aye looking forward to seeing you progress with this, I'm just frustrated I'm stuck waiting for a GPU block
Which block are you waiting for? The EK FE?

I'm torn now, after seeing the Aquacomputer blocks for the Ref cards im quite tempted to keep this and cancel my 3080 order...

Soldato
OP
:D:D:D

ohXwtPq.jpg

tenor.gif

Everything is here except the Sleeved Sata cables! But got enough to go ahead with the changes, looking forward to see what i can do with the coolant tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Jay85 I've got the Gigabyte Gaming OC so waiting for Alphacool to release their block for it which shows as "coming soon" though I'd take anything to get off the stock cooler now. Was hoping to have seen something from Bykski or Barrow by now tbh. I'm wanting to do this more urgently now because as of last night one of the gpu fans seems to have developed a grinding sound when at high speed that really irritates to the point I'd RMA it but don't fancy waiting weeks on end potentially for a replacement.

Soldato
OP
@Jay85 I've got the Gigabyte Gaming OC so waiting for Alphacool to release their block for it which shows as "coming soon" though I'd take anything to get off the stock cooler now. Was hoping to have seen something from Bykski or Barrow by now tbh. I'm wanting to do this more urgently now because as of last night one of the gpu fans seems to have developed a grinding sound when at high speed that really irritates to the point I'd RMA it but don't fancy waiting weeks on end potentially for a replacement.
Not good that, is this the one with the dodgy power adapters that i've seen? I was struggling to see how they would make a block to accommodate the connector other than making an extended block to mount the connector. I've read somewhere its basically an 8 pin connector but laid out flat. Will be interesting to see what they come up with for this card.

Anything thats potentially hitting the fan? Maybe a wire?

Soldato
Yeah it's got the weird 8 pin flat connectors, they're probably coming up with a way around that for the new blocks though at this point I'd happily trade for an FE card plus some cash my way if I could find one.

Either that or a pre waterblocked card gets released soon.

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's got the weird 8 pin flat connectors, they're probably coming up with a way around that for the new blocks though at this point I'd happily trade for an FE card plus some cash my way if I could find one.

Either that or a pre waterblocked card gets released soon.
Let me know if you're struggling to get an FE card, i might be able to help with this.

PM me.

Soldato
OP
So everything works as it should except for the Bykski flow sensor!

As soon as i plug it in, it beeps and shows alarm. Done some digging and not much online about it.

Am i right in saying the flow should be from left to right? Or should it be the other way round?

This is how i have it at the moment:

O40tG1Y.jpg

Associate
Unsure about your flow sensor problem but I will say that your build is awesome!

I have the same CPU as you, what voltage you running under load at 5.1? I managed 1.31/1.32 with a 240 AIO. Currently on 5gz at 1.23 under load (gone back to an air cooler for now).

Great build once again, look forward to seeing updates.

Soldato
OP
Unsure about your flow sensor problem but I will say that your build is awesome!

I have the same CPU as you, what voltage you running under load at 5.1? I managed 1.31/1.32 with a 240 AIO. Currently on 5gz at 1.23 under load (gone back to an air cooler for now).

Great build once again, look forward to seeing updates.
From memory although not 100% as it was last year i think when i got the chip, i was running 1.36-1.37 for 5.1ghz all core stable gaming and benchmarks. I tried for 5.2, it would boot but not hold without silly voltage so stopped at 5.1 for long term use, never had any issues with it for as long as i've had the chip.

Will post some updates tonight with some quality photos

Associate
From memory although not 100% as it was last year i think when i got the chip, i was running 1.36-1.37 for 5.1ghz all core stable gaming and benchmarks. I tried for 5.2, it would boot but not hold without silly voltage so stopped at 5.1 for long term use, never had any issues with it for as long as i've had the chip.

Will post some updates tonight with some quality photos

Ahh awesome! I think I've got real lucky with mine. I can boot up into windows at 5.4. Voltage 1.4 but ofc blue screens shortly after a benchmark puts on the load. All with just using a H100i at the time.

5.3 I can get away with benching on some tests. I'm sure with a decent cooler I could probably get some decent numbers.

Look forward to seeing the photos!

Soldato
OP
Ahh awesome! I think I've got real lucky with mine. I can boot up into windows at 5.4. Voltage 1.4 but ofc blue screens shortly after a benchmark puts on the load. All with just using a H100i at the time.

5.3 I can get away with benching on some tests. I'm sure with a decent cooler I could probably get some decent numbers.

Look forward to seeing the photos!
Sounds like you have mate, i don't think i can even get close to that with my chip lol. I could probably hit 5.2 but not worth the extra heat output, if you can hold 5.3 at low voltage you'll definitely have won the silicon lottery there mate. Get a decent watercooling setup and use liquid metal and you should see good temps with a very high core clock.

Back
Top Bottom