EKWB GTX1080Ti FTW3 - right placement of thermal pads?

Associate
OP
Give over! Get those tubes bent properly :p

IMG-20200920-155208.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
50364317507_c4c2ffc2cc_o.jpg

Had it running for a while with the power cable jumpered to just run the pump, no leaks so it now LIVES! After being worried about taking apart the GPU, with the help of this forum and plenty of time, it wasn't so bad. For someone who has never watercooled before, not even an AIO, I am happy with how it worked out and my tubing.

Nice! Traditionally i've always used deionised water and mayhems dyes to create the colours i want. Thats a good fluid though especially with UV as well. Whats next for you then?

I'll tidy up the RGB cabling which I just cabled up to test the block RGB. Next will be to put the RGB LEDs into the CPU waterblock and then add some fans at the bottom of the case. Potentially add a second radiator as I'm just running the one 360mm XSPC TX360 in the roof. Some of the tubing has got stained from where I tested the radiator/reservoir/pump outside of a case months ago, so at some point I will replace that tubing with new tubing.

That'll be it until the GTX1080Ti gets upgraded and my work colleague buys it off me. I don't know if he'll be interested in watercooling it or if he'' return it to stock.

Looking forward to seeing what the temperatures of the 1080Ti are like when gaming :cool:

Soldato
Looks great this mate, the more i look at it the more i wish i had my 2080 back lol. Tempted to buy it back and hold onto it for now until i get my 3080...

Associate
OP
Looks great this mate, the more i look at it the more i wish i had my 2080 back lol. Tempted to buy it back and hold onto it for now until i get my 3080...
I can understand that mate. If I didn't have a GPU at the moment, I'd be going a bit crazy. I nearly sold the 1080Ti to my work mate before the 3080 launch as well - so glad I didn't. He's keen to have it as he's still using a GTX970!

Liking the temps and silence now the rig is water cooled:

50367383493_ec8c7b8d55_o.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom