Elder Scrolls Oblivion Hints and Tips *SPOILER WARNING*

Soldato
Busy doing the thief guild quests and have just liberated the ring from the countess but for some reason i cant give it to ahdraji ( or watever that cats name is) can anyone help?

EDIT Figured it out, picked up 2 of the rings thus i couldnt give one to ahdarji so had to use a console command to drop one since its a quest item and cant be dropped the usual way.

Last edited:
Soldato
That gridstoload tweak is VERY buggy so be warned!

Buggy in that it makes water appear to flood an mile square area land when looking at the imperial ciry from the west at a specific point. Also water doesnt reflect/appear right in some situations.

Also check here for more performance tips.

Guys I went from 24fps in dense grassy areas and forest to 37fps!

Turn off shadows on grass (only stops your shadow casting on grass) for 5fps.

Go into the oblivion ini and change iMinGrassSize=80 to =160 for 8fps

Last edited:
Associate
!!FREE MONEY SPOILER!!

Not sure if this is well known, but anyway here it is:-

I think this could be a bug, but to get loads of free cash, simply kill a guy called Dorian (his house is in the taloz? plaza district of imperial city)

Click his body and he has on him the key to his house and an amount of gold, but when you take the gold, it doesn't get removed from his inventory, so you can just keep on clicking it for mega gold. his body will disappear after a few days.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, I'll add that to the opening post tomorrow.

A question to people reading this thread... would you rather I colour coded things in the opening post so that they cannot be read by accident (similar to the above post.. I'd keep the title/queation of each section visible, then hide the rest), or are the spoiler warnings sufficient?

Associate
If you're having trouble finding sufficient lockpicks early on in the game, leave the imperial city by the west gate (the one that goes to the waterfront). As soon as the waterfront loads, turn right and stay as close to the city wall as possible...you will find a merchant called Shady Sam who sells lockpicks (as well as Skooma and plenty of poisons). He has 30 'picks for sale at a time.

Associate
One fun thing I found, is when you close the gate at Kvatch, and do a few instructions after that, you get a guy named Brother Martin to follow you around.

Now you can go anywhere, and you have a free merc! He attacks what you attack, even random NPC's in houses. I took him around and did some mage quests with him. He cannot die, so you don't have to worry about his health. He will get knocked unconcious, then get up a bit later and continue fighting. He's a trooper.

Soldato
nikebee said:
lol wtf?

any screenies or anything... excuse the n00bness but what does it do... i mean... what do the pets do :confused:

They work like summons do for the conjurer. They follow you around and protect you if you are attacked etc. They also grow in size every 5 levels.

If they get lost or stuck you have a "bone" to call them to you.

:D

Soldato
speeduk said:
They work like summons do for the conjurer. They follow you around and protect you if you are attacked etc. They also grow in size every 5 levels.

haha :D

is the mod easy to install/uninstall?

if it sucks or gets annoying i'd hope its easy to remove

Soldato
nikebee said:
haha :D

is the mod easy to install/uninstall?

if it sucks or gets annoying i'd hope its easy to remove

As with most mods you just copy the file to the oblivion/data folder and then when you launch the game - select data files and select the mod to enable it or untick it to disable it or just delete the file.

I have about 12 mods running here and they all work fine.

Associate
I have about 20 going :D I did have a slight problem with the arena guy once, but I just unloaded a few mods and start it again worked fine after that. One tip is not to load any saves with new mods in the middle of a quest, also to ignore the irems may not appear box it goes once you load up a new save game with the new mods in.

Jim

Soldato
speeduk said:

Cool. Hope they sell boxer dogs!

Back
Top Bottom