Elder Scrolls Oblivion Hints and Tips *SPOILER WARNING*

Associate
Richdog said:
You're a gem, ill do that tommorrow! :D

Cool, I can't promise exactly the same loot as I did, but its a quest, and the loot will almost definitely be good for your level. Also, after you have killed everyone, got all the keys, and departed etc, you can return and get the loot you couldn't carry! The quest reward isn't great, a skill-learning book which can be vendored for 30~g, but the loot is worth the quest alone! :p

Associate
Ok, I had a kip in a cave, this hooded chap gave me a quest in order to join the Dark Brotherhood. I was to go to an inn and kill someone, but I got a taste for blood and killed everyone in the inn, including the inkeeper. Now I can't seem to complete my quest as wherever I show my face, I am jumped upon by at least five guards.
Will I have to start again? :(

Associate
Clearcut said:
Ok, I had a kip in a cave, this hooded chap gave me a quest in order to join the Dark Brotherhood. I was to go to an inn and kill someone, but I got a taste for blood and killed everyone in the inn, including the inkeeper. Now I can't seem to complete my quest as wherever I show my face, I am jumped upon by at least five guards.
Will I have to start again? :(

Most likely :( It's not too hard to kill just the man, he sleeps for about 20 hours a day, and you can just sneak in there, the inn keeper even tells you where he sleeps! :p

Associate
Richdog said:
You're a gem, ill do that tommorrow! :D

Outside the Hunters Run cave, on the top floor is a chest with a bottle of something called "Shadowbanish Vine" and picking it up creates a new quest "Honorable Vintage". I havent figured out what to do with it yet.

Has anyone else found this ? I was probably around lvl20 when I did the Hunters Run.

ikapod

Associate
There's a great mod that sorts out the blurry long-range textures with little or no performance hit. There's an accompanying one that sorts out the normal maps to go with it, which I haven't tried yet.

Can't find the links to either at the moment due to the state of the official forums...

Associate
ikapod said:
Outside the Hunters Run cave, on the top floor is a chest with a bottle of something called "Shadowbanish Vine" and picking it up creates a new quest "Honorable Vintage". I havent figured out what to do with it yet.

Has anyone else found this ? I was probably around lvl20 when I did the Hunters Run.

Was the armour/loot etc. the same as I described when you did it at level 20, or was it respective to your level?

I will have to go back and check out this "Shadowbanish Vine".

Soldato
I believe the Shadowbanish is used for a quest for an NPC outside the imperial city in the inn.

The stuff I got from the hunters cave weren't anything special if I remember correct, i was only like level 7 though.

Soldato
I'm stuck.

Met with the supposed "Vampire hunter" Serendir, in the Imperial city. Tracked down the alledged vampire, Roland Jenseric at his cabin in the woods, listened to his story and returned to the imperial city.

Been to the bookshop, spoke to the guy there about Gwinas. Bribed him to get the info that he is staying at the Tiber Septim hotel.

Went there and all Gwinas says is "I'm done with those books, stop bothering me".

It wont advance the quest any further.

If I go back to Roland at his cabin, he just says thanks for letting him live.

If I go to Serendir, he just says have you found him yet? and keep me informed.

The only red marker I have on my map relating to the quest is the one at the bookshop, where all the guy does is tell you that Gwinas is staying at the Tiber hotel.

What do I do now?.

Here's a screenie of what it says in my quest log, click for larger image:-

Associate
Simaster14 said:
Was the armour/loot etc. the same as I described when you did it at level 20, or was it respective to your level?

I will have to go back and check out this "Shadowbanish Vine".

I never owerwrite the savegames so i loaded the sg after killing the last hunter and Kurdan (@lvl21):

Last hunter:
Deadric Boots
Deadric Cuirass
Deadric Gauntlets
Deadric Greaves
Deadric Shield
Deadric Mace
Ebony Helmet
480G

Kurdan:
Glass Boots
Glass Cuirass
Deadric Warhammer
Gloves of the caster
Greaves of movement
700G

sniffy: thx for the tip

ikapod

Caporegime
Soul gems...

Anyone got any tips for harvesting uber soul gems? I have some greater and grand soul gems and the most I can get out of them is an 800/800 soul which is a bit limiting when i'm trying to enchant my weapons and items in the arcane university. Creating a glass longsword with 10pts electricity dmg and soul trap 5 secs gets about 22 uses then needs recharging.

Can someone give me some tips on uber soul harvesting ie: which monsters to trap and where to get the best gems please? :)

Associate
Draeger said:
I'm stuck.

Met with the supposed "Vampire hunter" Serendir, in the Imperial city. Tracked down the alledged vampire, Roland Jenseric at his cabin in the woods, listened to his story and returned to the imperial city.

Been to the bookshop, spoke to the guy there about Gwinas. Bribed him to get the info that he is staying at the Tiber Septim hotel.

Went there and all Gwinas says is "I'm done with those books, stop bothering me".

It wont advance the quest any further.

If I go back to Roland at his cabin, he just says thanks for letting him live.

If I go to Serendir, he just says have you found him yet? and keep me informed.

The only red marker I have on my map relating to the quest is the one at the bookshop, where all the guy does is tell you that Gwinas is staying at the Tiber hotel.

What do I do now?.

Here's a screenie of what it says in my quest log, click for larger image:-

When i talked to Phintias, he gave information on where Seridur might be. I first used a charm spell, and he gave me this information right away. I've not been down to the cave, as I was more interested in doing another quest i got whilst doing this vampire one. Look at my quest log.

Richdog said:
Anyone got any tips for harvesting uber soul gems? I have some greater and grand soul gems and the most I can get out of them is an 800/800 soul which is a bit limiting when i'm trying to enchant my weapons and items in the arcane university. Creating a glass longsword with 10pts electricity dmg and soul trap 5 secs gets about 22 uses then needs recharging.

Can someone give me some tips on uber soul harvesting ie: which monsters to trap and where to get the best gems please? :)

Sure. I have about 5 greater soul gems captured and a grand soul captured :p

Greater souls (which i've found so far) Skeleton Champion, Dread zombie, Nether Lich, Land dreugh (cool as hell enemies), Goblin shaman and Ogre

The only grand soul i've caputered belonged to a minotaur lord which i fought in the arena as arena champion. Pretty easy fight, even when i was faced with three of them :p

Whilst doing quests for the mages guild i've found a few greater soul gems, an d a few common ones. I can't remember where the caves where, but i do definately remember finding a few in the dungeons where these quests ran through.

Last edited:
Soldato
i was down in some cave and came across what looked like a dug out swimming pool so i jumped right in heh and found a chest, inside i find a Master Mortal and Pestle yesyesyes! after 120+ hours game time with my lv40 assasin i thought expert stuff was the best, so theres more Master aparartus out there to find woohoo!

only played for 10 hours today as my eyes have developed a twitch ;)

Soldato
Thanks for the help, I was guessing that might well be the case.

Apparently, I'm "maxxed out" as far as how much more I can bribe/persuade the bookstore owner, the options are greyed out when I talk to him now.

Would a charm spell allow me to try and get the info out of him, and if so, where do you get charm spells?.

I hope I dont have to backtrack and go back to a previously saved game before I first spoke to him. :(

Soldato
Solved it at last!!!.

On a completely unrelated sidequest, the one regarding the little elf shopkeeper, Thorin, I followed him into an inn and who should walk in while I was there?.......Phintias, the bookshop guy.

Spoke to him there and he told me about the location. :cool:

This game amazes me sometimes, its a true masterpiece!!!.

After I'm done with this quest, I'll get right back onto the vampire one.

For anyone with similar problems getting the bookstore fella to tell you of the location of the vampire meeting place, try looking in the Inn nearby, he will probably divulge the info while in there.

Associate
Draeger said:
Thanks for the help, I was guessing that might well be the case.

Apparently, I'm "maxxed out" as far as how much more I can bribe/persuade the bookstore owner, the options are greyed out when I talk to him now.

Would a charm spell allow me to try and get the info out of him, and if so, where do you get charm spells?.

I hope I dont have to backtrack and go back to a previously saved game before I first spoke to him. :(

Yes, a charm spell should work, but don't quote me on that since i can raise the disposition of any character up to 100 with my self made charm spell. You might be able to get a spell at that discount spells place in the market district of imperial city. If not try the Bravil mages guild, or if you access to the arcane university you can create a very strong charm spell like i did. However, if your not skilled enough in illusion to use the higher power charm spells, you could just try buying a scroll.

Soldato
Damn.

I'm stuck again.

I'm doing the quest where you have to provide evidence to Thorin of his supplier robbing the dead and selling items to him.

I've been into Aragmir's (sp?) house and got the book required, then went to the mausoleum and slain him there and taken the shovel.

Spoke with Thorin and convinced him with the evidence and now I'm supposed to go and see Jensine for a reward of some sort.

How do I give her the evidence ( book and shovel ) ?.

All she keeps saying is "Didn't you have some things to give me?".

Associate
Draeger said:
Damn.

I'm stuck again.

Hmm, I remember doing that quest, and I seem to remember there was something from the grave/crypt that you needed, but I may be thinking of something different. I will try and remember for you (or check my completed quest log :p ).

Soldato
so i figured my faithful chestnut horse could do with a bath after ive had him for so long, took him into the river and he started swimming! :) though about 20mins later he just dropped dead from unknown causes hehe maybe a stray arrow from a bandit or delayed drowning?

Back
Top Bottom