Electricity top up

Bri

Bri

Soldato
willd58 said:
Iv got an update on this.... :(

Apparently the first figure is indeed my balance, and on moving in i moved into the house with a debt of 240.00 odd pounds. Iv contacted my landlady's. there guna sort it out, any idea's how i should go about this? Obv im not guna be paying it, but I also want to know how to tactifully avoid confrontation, as im not as diplomatic as some.

Call your electricity supplier & let them know you have moved in. They will make an appointment for someone to come out & clear the debt from the meter, adding £25ish credit to the meter. Once they have done that **DO NOT USE THE CURRENT KEY**, this will cause an error on the meter and you'll need to get them back out again.

Your energy supplier will issue you with a new key. This usually has £1.00 credit on it. Once you have put this on, you will have £26.00 debt on the meter which will be taken back weekly (about £3 per week normally).

If you've put any credit onto that key, you've probably lost it as it will be eaten up by the debit on the meter.

Soldato
wolvotim said:
Connect the two outer grey cables that go into the meter together in a connector block and hey presto free leccy :p

-----------edit----------------
BTW don’t actually do that wouldn’t want to get anyone arrested ;)

The biggest problem with that is some guy turning up to read the meter, instantly noticing summins up and blammo your heading towards a prison sentance for stealing leccy

Back
Top Bottom