emigration to the USA

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;15124026 said:
Yes, although they were both living in London before the wedding and for a number of years afterwards. What surprsed me was how difficult it was to get a US passport for their son.

I don't understand how they thought it was difficult, we just recently got dual citizenship for our daughter who is almost 5 months old. we filed the paper work, which was easy, got our interview date at the embassy in london and went down.

Our interview was for 10:30 we got there at at 8:30 because we heard it took ages to get through security ( took 5 mins ) and we were out for 9:30. We got her US birth certificate and passport within 2 weeks, and her social security card came through this week.

Maybe if they did it when the child was older ? but for a baby its easy.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'd love to move there, but I can't see it ever happening because of the paperwork :(

Caporegime
OP
Have a look at http://www.thefloridaforums.com/ It's a community for people who have either moved or are in the process of moving. A lot of the information on their is priceless.

Speaking from someone who has tried to apply and will be applying again in a few years, make sure you apply for the right visa and most importantly get the right legal advice. Good luck dude

thanks for the links.

Lots of good info there. Just the sort of website i was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom