Ender3 V2 Bowden tube/PC4 connector recommendation

Soldato
Ive got a Ender 3 V2 on order and been watching loads of youtube setup videos.
Most of the videos recommend changing the hotend bowden connector and also the tubing for capricorn
Ive been looking on the bay and the forest, there are a few to choose from but a lot get negative reviews.

I was wondering if anyone has done this quick modification and can recommend a set of tubing, connectors and the cutter and where to purchase them from?
Thanks

Soldato
Ive got a Ender 3 V2 on order and been watching loads of youtube setup videos.
Most of the videos recommend changing the hotend bowden connector and also the tubing for capricorn
Ive been looking on the bay and the forest, there are a few to choose from but a lot get negative reviews.

I was wondering if anyone has done this quick modification and can recommend a set of tubing, connectors and the cutter and where to purchase them from?
Thanks

Why don't you use it and find out for yourself?
As long as it prints good I see no point in changing things because a youtube guy says so.

Associate
I've got an Ender 3 pro.
The only thing I've added to it is some drawers, a Raspberry Pi enclosure and a filament guide.
Works perfectly, I'm even using the supplied magnetic bed (the glass one that also came with it is sitting unused in a drawer as are the upgraded springs for the bed.).

People seem to be obsessed with modding these out of the box when, if they're set up correctly, they work perfectly.

Soldato
I've got an Ender 3 pro.
The only thing I've added to it is some drawers, a Raspberry Pi enclosure and a filament guide.
Works perfectly, I'm even using the supplied magnetic bed (the glass one that also came with it is sitting unused in a drawer as are the upgraded springs for the bed.).

People seem to be obsessed with modding these out of the box when, if they're set up correctly, they work perfectly.

This.

Associate
To be fair the PTFE coupler's are rubbish and I've had them fail mid print, the QC on them is less than great and it worth having extra IMO.

As for the Capricorn tube, not worth it at this stage to be honest. Just remember it's a PTFE lined hotend so printing above 240°C for long and repeated prints can be harmful to you because PTFE degrades and release toxins. So you can either get some standard or Capricorn to have as spare.

Last edited:
Soldato
I print in my basement PETG with 245C, which is next to my work desk. Should I replace the PTFE with capricorn to avoid toxins? (I've also seen a hotend mod with just a small piece of capricorn used in the hotend.)

Soldato
if they're set up correctly, they work perfectly.

After initial successes with my V2 I started having problems so went down the route of modding - direct drive, dual z axis support etc.

However, I had to get the printer working properly first in order to print the various mods. Having got the printer working pretty well, I now think if it's working, why am I about to take it apart?? :)

Associate
After initial successes with my V2 I started having problems so went down the route of modding - direct drive, dual z axis support etc.

However, I had to get the printer working properly first in order to print the various mods. Having got the printer working pretty well, I now think if it's working, why am I about to take it apart?? :)

When I started in 3d printing, I had a second hand printrbot and just used it and learnt. 6 months later I purchased a brand new larger printrbot and then modified the old printer, then things got out of hand, haha. I now have 12+ FDM printers because what I enjoy the most is building, upgrading and tweaking.

Associate
I print in my basement PETG with 245C, which is next to my work desk. Should I replace the PTFE with capricorn to avoid toxins? (I've also seen a hotend mod with just a small piece of capricorn used in the hotend.)

That's an option but all PTFE breaks down in the hot end. The best option is an all metal hotend.

Associate
There are disadvantages to all metal hotends though

However, my advice with the ender 3 is tinker and learn and dont upgrade until you figure out why you need that upgrade. The ender3 is not a plug and play 3d printer.

Back
Top Bottom