DELETED_5350

Soldato
maximuscle viper extreme bar (crazy things these are, a friend took one at 7pm before training and a night out clubbing and couldn't sleep till 4am lol)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
hmm so you dont have a pre workout meal 60/90 mins before your workout? with slow realising complex carbs?

no wonder you're feeling tired :p

Soldato
smoove said:
It's both.

Oh I dont want stupidly expensive Max Blaster £45 a week supps as well.

CEE, taurine, ALCAR, caffein how well do they work?

Caffeine is the easiest to experiment with, just have a strong cup of coffee before you train......but if you train in the evening it might upset your sleep pattern.

ALCAR is very subtle, doesn't make you buzzy, you just become aware that you are able to focus more.

I use CEE and taurine pre-workout, can feel really mentally tired but CEE and taurine seem to give me the power to keep on training.

Have a google before you start ordering anything tho!! ;)

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Something to eat about 1-1.5 hours before a workout (usually tuna pita breads), followed by an ECA stack 30 minutes before hitting the gym.

Soldato
smoove said:
Malto/dextro/whey.
If I took that pre workout I'd be asleep on the bench after 30 mins lol :)
Morba said:
are you a sales man?
LOL :D
MTA99 said:
CEE, taurine, ALCAR, caffeine could all help........but not necessarily at the same time.
I use them all at same time, along with caffeine (from Green Tea Extract) and a Vitamin B complex, awesome. Excellent fat burners aswell ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
smoove said:
Why would you sleep from taking carbs and protein?

Anyway, how well do the stacks work, dont want to waste my cash on something thats hardly gona make a difference?
You'd get a big insulin spike from taking whey/dextrose/malto once the spike has gone you're left feeling hungry, tired and sleepy.

Trust me if you take that stack you'll get another 50% from your workout over taking nothing at all. If you workout before 5-6pm then you could also add guarana. This is my preworkout nutrition on a bulk, if I was trying to lose bodyfat I'd lower the oats to about 80g and the milk to 100ml and top up with water.

120mins Pre-Workout
120g Oats,
35g Whey (80% Protein)
500ml-400ml Full fat milk
4x fish oil caps
5g Cocoa Powder

45 mins Pre-Workout
500mg Guarana
1g Green Tea Extract
2g ALCAR
4g Taurine
2g A.A.K.G.
3g CEE
Vitamin B Complex

10 mins before and during workout
15g-20g BCAA's
I've listed the 45 min pre-workout in order of what I think would give you the most noticable lift. Though if you train at night, say 8pm then you might find it hard to sleep if you take guarana.

ALCAR is excellent for helping with your mood and focus, it's £5.75 for 100g so 50 servings, hardly bank busting... Vitamin B complex is also worth a look at, they're cheap as chips too.

I can always give advise on supplements that can help but I do so assuming you've got your diet and training nailed, supplements are a waste of money if they aren't. Are you sure you're eating enough and correctly? Sure you aren't over-trained?

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
You'd get a big insulin spike from taking whey/dextrose/malto once the spike has gone you're left feeling hungry, tired and sleepy.

Trust me if you take that stack you'll get another 50% from your workout over taking nothing at all. If you workout before 5-6pm then you could also add guarana. This is my preworkout nutrition on a bulk, if I was trying to lose bodyfat I'd lower the oats to about 80g and the milk to 100ml and top up with water.

I've listed the 45 min pre-workout in order of what I think would give you the most noticable lift. Though if you train at night, say 8pm then you might find it hard to sleep if you take guarana.

ALCAR is excellent for helping with your mood and focus, it's £5.75 for 100g so 50 servings, hardly bank busting... Vitamin B complex is also worth a look at, they're cheap as chips too.

I can always give advise on supplements that can help but I do so assuming you've got your diet and training nailed, supplements are a waste of money if they aren't. Are you sure you're eating enough and correctly? Sure you aren't over-trained?

Its actually scary the way some of you gym rats screw about with supplements. Save yourself money and longterm liver/neuronal upset by sticking to the BCAAs - and maybe a strong expresso if you are really nodding off.

:(

Soldato
sedm1000 said:
Its actually scary the way some of you gym rats screw about with supplements. Save yourself money and longterm liver/neuronal upset by sticking to the BCAAs - and maybe a strong expresso if you are really nodding off.
Scary? :rolleyes:

Negative, unhelpfull, devoid of any real info posts like yours get really on my... nerves :( (must be all the supplements I'm taking?)

If you know something then share with us, don't keep it all to yourself?

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Scary? :rolleyes:

Negative, unhelpfull, devoid of any real info posts like yours get really on my... nerves :( (must be all the supplements I'm taking?)

If you know something then share with us, don't keep it all to yourself?

The creeping pharmacologicalisation of sport is predominately a marketing ploy, but there is little known about the long-term effects of taking very high levels of many of these supplements. Its all very well saying that things are natural etc, but so are oxalic acid and cyanide.

The idea that you can get a good understanding of metabolism from reading a few sport biochemistry books or internet sites is misleading. Much of the science of metabolism is actually grounded in very early work, and hasn`t been much altered. Understanding of whole organisms on a molecular level that can evaluate the complex actions of chemicals in different tissues is still way beyond science.

In all honesty, it would be cheaper and more effective to use steroids/amphetamines/hGH for a much better effect than all the "doping" up with supplements can achieve. So long as you are sensible and use them for short term gain then you`ll be saving money and probably running similar risk to longer-term supplement taking.

Soldato
sedm1000 said:
pharmacologicalisation.
Is that even a word?
sedm1000 said:
In all honesty, it would be cheaper and more effective to use steroids/amphetamines/hGH for a much better effect than all the "doping" up with supplements can achieve. So long as you are sensible and use them for short term gain then you`ll be saving money and probably running similar risk to longer-term supplement taking.
You were doing quite well until you wrote this paragraph. In all honesty I think that's one of the most obsurd few sentences I've ever read!!

That stack I use is a lot by most standards and only in the last 2 weeks have I introduced the ALCAR and guarana. I'm so tired sometimes after a hard day at work I just don't have the energy to go and workout with enough intensity to make it worth my time. The stack gives me more than enough for now, I will and do cycle them. I'm almost out of AAKG and CEE and won't buy anymore for months, that's why I bought the new stuff, it's how my cycling works.

I think it costs me around about £5 A MONTH!!! (That isn't including the only expensive supplement there, the one you recommend, the BCAA's)

You think it's cheaper ( and safer :rolleyes: ) to run a cycle of steroids/ amphetamines/ HGH? :D We're talking about thousands of £££'s here, do you have any idea how much HGH costs? Any idea how dangerous amphetamines can be to the heart? even a very short cycle. Steroids is such a broad term and yes they can be used safely, if you can buy A1 good quality gear but they aren't that cheap, you're still talking about hundred's of £££'s.

Just to put this into perspective. So you'd rather recommend substances that are illegal and are known to be toxic and dangerous and so can only be purchased on the black market? Quality is unknown and can be risky, or you could always fly to Thailand and try and bring back your own gear (that'll be cheap then) but according to you it's safer and cheaper than supplements that can be bought from Holland & Barrett or the Supermarket?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom