Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Received similar.

'We're increasing our electricity unit rate from 15.780p to 17.724p per kWh and electricity standing charge from 20.952p to 20.958p per day. Our gas unit rate is increasing from 2.920p to 3.056p per kWh and standing charge from 20.444p to 25.158p per day'

Getting expensive now, they reckon it'll cost me an extra £185 a year. The alternatives aren't really any cheaper either.

Soldato
I've just switched to them, but on a fixed term deal.

Elec 19.89s/c and 16.08p per kwh
Gas 20.44s/c and 2.81 per kwh

Guess i timed it well :D

EDIT - Just checked and it seems that actually i'm on their Vari-Fair deal. I'll have to keep an eye on those prices!

Caporegime
I tried switching to Bulb but they automatically cancelled my first attempt because my house name wasn't included in the address I gave them so I tried a second time, which was successful, then received an email from customer support saying my house name shouldn't be included and to cancel the switch via my account. I cancelled the switch, received and email saying it was cancelled and a few days later have had a direct debit set up by Bulb and a sorry you're leaving us email from SoEnergy. Neither are responding to emails now so **** knows where I'll be on the 1st.

Soldato
18.9ppkWh for electricity! :eek:
They're starting an EV tariff soon apparently. 4p per kWh 2am to 6am. Think it'll come with an increase at other times however.

My email states due to cold winter. I didn't think it was that cold, especially here in the tropical SW :)

Time to shop around again I think.

Last edited:
Associate
Another one where the bulb increase seems like a massive step, however looking around they're still the cheapest for me which is a sorry state for the country to be in.... Wind farms with no wind, gas supplies with no gas... those delays on the nuclear power station decisions really starting to bite ;)

Back
Top Bottom