Energy Suppliers

Associate
I've £100 in referrals with Iglo which don't kick in until the end of the month, I'm not sure if I would lose them if I switch straight away. I might let the referral credit pay for the increase and then see what is about in a month or two

Associate
Man, I fixed back at the start of the pandemic when the price of oil crashed because no on was using it.

Managed to get on ESB energy with

Elec:
12.2p/ kWh
30.61p day standing charge
(I use a lot of units so the higher standing charge wasn't a bit issue)

Gas:
2.30p/ kWh
14.75p day standing charge

my new `offer` from them is

Elec:
17.67/ kWh
37.79p day standing charge

Gas:
3.50p/ kWh
36.61p day standing charge

They did offer me £50 as a sweatner for the deal but it would mean a fairly sizable increase in my month bill (like £65 a month!) I`ll switch when it ends but I am already annoyed it gone up some much even the switching sites are no where near that figure. I guess I should be happy I got a decent deal for the last 18 months and I should probably use the dryer a bit less and turn my PC off when I`m not using it!.

Associate
My rates are:
Gas: 2.726 per kwh. previously 3.472
17.199 per day. Previously 26.513
Elec: 16.194 per kwh. Previously 17.661
13.944 per day. Previously 23.541

The previous prices were with EDF on an 18 month fix.
I had someone from octopus knock on my door the other day and when I told him my current rates he almost fell over. He said he couldn't understand how they could supply me that cheap. He said they'd have to be Losing money as it costs more than that to supply it. These rates are in East Sussex.

Man of Honour
Electricity:
  • Unit Rate: 12.1485p per KWh
  • Standing Charge: 20.1794p per Day
  • TCR: 14p per KWh
Gas
  • Unit Rate: 3.1815p per KWh
  • TCR: 3.63p per KWh

This is with PFP energy. Mixed reviews on Trust Pilot but not atrocious like I've seen for other suppliers. Think I'm going to go with them as I use a lot of electricity and I can't find anything near as cheap. If the variable rate shoots up I'll just switch provider.

Soldato
Anyone else with Symbio?
My tariff I went only a few months back:

Low Fair and Green 12M Fixed SE03 v13
Standard Unit Rate:
12.964 p per kWh
Standing Charges:
17.000 p per day
Tariff Effective From: 01 April 2021
Price Guaranteed Until: 31 March 2022
Exit Fees: £30.00

Was a little higher than last year, but not by much. Was still the cheapest I could find for me with my usage at about 7800kwh / year

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Electricity:
Gas

This is with PFP energy. Mixed reviews on Trust Pilot but not atrocious like I've seen for other suppliers. Think I'm going to go with them as I use a lot of electricity and I can't find anything near as cheap. If the variable rate shoots up I'll just switch provider.
Try Symbio if your rates are like that with PFP.

PFP for me:
Supplier PFP Energy
Tariff name Electricity | Green Variable s2
Tariff type Electricity tariff
Payment method Direct Debit
Unit rate: Standard 12.4005 pence per kWh
Standing charge 20.1794 pence per day

Symbio for me:
aqrOD9r.png

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Symbio have atrocious reviews on Trustpilot so I think I'll avoid, thanks.
PFP have a fair few negatives online, too, from people where the billing went wrong. I'm not sure that i would read too much into online reviews for a cheap energy company - you can always switch away. This said though, the rates from PFP seem fairly market leading too.

Soldato
Electricity:
Gas

I've just done an online quote with PFP after reading this thread. Prices are definitely better than anyone else I've tried but I'm very concerned about some of the trustpilot reviews and people being threatened by bailiffs when they've done nothing wrong. Not sure whether to chance my arm, or go with British Gas with cheaper standing charges, 19p per kWh electricity and heating and plumbing cover included. Also, not sure if it's best to go with PFP green variable s2 which is currently the cheapest or the fixed price s3 tariff.

Tariffs.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
@ChrisD. @Merlin5 @ristac @Jez

PFP are shocking, so i decided to switch to them as they were the cheapest by far for me. Registered with them and saw the DD date wasn't what i wanted as i want all utlities to go out shortly after i get paid. No way to change the DD date on the website, so submitted a web form to ask them to change it. 5 working days later nothing has changed and no response, so i sent another one, 3 working days later no response. Rang them yesterday and the woman on the phone said their systems awere down when i said i wanted to cancel my move to them as im within the 14 day window.

Just called them today to do the same thing, this time i said i wanted to discuss my first bill, they took the account number and then once they were in my account told them i want to cancel and why. The guy i spoke to was fairly rude and sounded like he couldnt be bothered so i have no faith hes cancelled it and have subsequently asked bulb to object to the transfer. The real kicker is that i could hear another guy in the background and everytime he had a call where he confirmed the caller wanted to cancel the move, he said the systems are down and to call tomorrow. I heard him say this 3 times in the time of my call yet the guy i was speaking to confirmed they weren't down when i lied to him about my reason for calling!

This is disgusting as well... if you need to contact them even once then they can decide at a whim to remove the online discount
tiqQbRK.png

Complete shower of ********, sod them

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
That does sound quite bad, the race to the bottom. As with all of these services I guess you take the gamble that you’ll never want to contact them. Personally I don’t care about detail such as the direct debit date, but I guess I definitely would care if the Billing went totally wrong.

Soldato
@ChrisD. @Merlin5 @ristac @Jez

PFP are shocking, so i decided to switch to them as they were the cheapest by far for me. Registered with them and saw the DD date wasn't what i wanted as i want all utlities to go out shortly after i get paid. No way to change the DD date on the website, so submitted a web form to ask them to change it. 5 working days later nothing has changed and no response, so i sent another one, 3 working days later no response. Rang them yesterday and the woman on the phone said their systems awere down when i said i wanted to cancel my move to them as im within the 14 day window.

Just called them today to do the same thing, this time i said i wanted to discuss my first bill, they took the account number and then once they were in my account told them i want to cancel and why. The guy i spoke to was fairly rude and sounded like he couldnt be bothered so i have no faith hes cancelled it and have subsequently asked bulb to object to the transfer. The real kicker is that i could hear another guy in the background and everytime he had a call where he confirmed the caller wanted to cancel the move, he said the systems are down and to call tomorrow. I heard him say this 3 times in the time of my call yet the guy i was speaking to confirmed they weren't down when i lied to him about my reason for calling!

This is disgusting as well... if you need to contact them even once then they can decide at a whim to remove the online discount
tiqQbRK.png

Complete shower of ********, sod them

Thanks, will steer clear. Sometimes cheaper is more aggravation than it's worth.

Soldato
Do they have a referral link? They are coming out cheapest for me.

I can give you a referral link for PFP if you wish. :)

Symbio have atrocious reviews on Trustpilot so I think I'll avoid, thanks.

I emailed Symbio over two months ago when I was looking to switch asking a couple of questions, including one about switching with a smart meter because their website (at the time anyway) had virtually no information. They finally replied to me last week. :/

Back
Top Bottom