1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engagement Rings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pants, 19 Oct 2009.

1. Pants

Mobster

Guys,

I know nothing about which jewlers are decent or not.

Where should I be looking for a good quality but reasonably priced traditional engagement ring?

Cheers.

2. mejinks

Mobster

Well have you got a high street? A yellow pages?

We went to Hinds and to samuels for the wedding rings. We are both very happy with the quality of ours and with 5 year insurance for each ring the whole lot cost us £500 and we got rings we wanted rather than "you must spend x amount"

3. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Beaverbrooks. Also, make sure you spend 4 years salary or she'll do a poo on your cornflakes and leave in disgust at what a cheap pleb you are.

4. Pants

Mobster

Yeah i'm sure we have all the main jewlers in Leicester - i'm just totally clueless if there are any that need avoiding, or any that come recommended.

5. Memphis

Capodecina

Do a search on here. There have been a few engagement ring related threads lately.

6. aproctor

PermaBanned

There are a few on the side street fenwicks is on (between belvoir street and the market).

7. firstborn

Mobster

Get yourself down to the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. Go into a few of the places there and spec the diamond you want, or budget, and see what they have to offer, bit of haggling needed playing them off against each other.

Once you've picked the diamond they'll mount it, job done. You'll save yourself loads over high street prices and/or get far more for your money.

I bought from there and asked for similar in a few high street shops and the nearest I got was more than 3 times the price.

8. Gaijin

Don

How much did you guys spend on a ring? Not an elizabeth duke job i take it? :D

9. firstborn

Mobster

Spend as much as you want or are comfortable with.

10. goldilocks

Wise Guy

Exclusive Jewellery - Brighton
    comes highly recommended from us
    they do custom / bespoke and off the rack - you name your price / style and they'll make it for you!
    would link to the website, but it looks like it's down atm

11. Tiny Clanger

Hitman

I can recommend Bicknells & Sons in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham. They made the most beautiful engagment and eternity rings for Mrs Clanger. I have to admit that they weren't the cheapest - but the quality of the rings is fantastic.

12. HarryPainful

PermaBanned

Listen to this man.

13. neil3k

Soldato

i spent a grand but i wanted something bespoke and unique so i got mine made

14. Gaijin

Don

I agree, but my question wasn't how much I would spend.

15. Raumarik

Capodecina

I spent around a grand 3 years ago, that's cheap compared to what some of my friends spend but I took her to the shop to pick and that's the one she liked. Fortunately has small hands so large rocks looked daft on her :D

16. Participant

Caporegime

That's where I got my wife's engagement ring. The service was good and they do life time polishing / servicing if that matters to you. Almost wish I'd made one myself out of tinfoil and stuck £3k towards the honeymoon though. Bitch still would have stayed with me.