England Euro 2020 Squad Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Trent is top of that pile of young talent tbh. Pundits just seem to cream of Foden because he is flavour of the month.

I like Foden but he plays in a billion pound team with next to no responsibilities.

I dont really follow England but it is interesting to see what happens now as Greenwood has to get a spot. Does Sterling drop out?

Soldato
I like Foden but he plays in a billion pound team with next to no responsibilities.

I don't really follow England but it is interesting to see what happens now as Greenwood has to get a spot. Does Sterling drop out?

Definitely has to drop Sterling, he has been poor this season. There is no way he starts in the CL final.

Caporegime
I dont really follow England but it is interesting to see what happens now as Greenwood has to get a spot. Does Sterling drop out?
Sterling's still had a more productive season than Greenwood, in fact so has Sancho, Foden, Grealish, Barnes and Rashford.

It'll be interesting to see if Southgate picks the form players, as he repeatedly said he would do at the start of his tenure, or if he continues to pick his favourites.

Soldato
OP
Sterling's still had a more productive season than Greenwood, in fact so has Sancho, Foden, Grealish, Barnes and Rashford.

It'll be interesting to see if Southgate picks the form players, as he repeatedly said he would do at the start of his tenure, or if he continues to pick his favourites.

If he goes on form then Greenwood has to get in.

Associate
I think they said on the radio last night that prior his goal against Villa iirc that Greenwood had scored 1 goal in 20+games. And people think he's a patch on Foden, don't make me laugh. He is another one of those over hyped Manu forwards that will end up playing for Sunderland or the like.

So has DCL and Bamford, Neither Rashford or Greenwood have done enough for me to get selected on form ahead of any of them.

Man of Honour
I think they said on the radio last night that prior his goal against Villa iirc that Greenwood had scored 1 goal in 20+games. And people think he's a patch on Foden, don't make me laugh. He is another one of those over hyped Manu forwards that will end up playing for Sunderland or the like.

Hilarious. Clearly you haven't watched him.

Soldato
There is no denying he had a good record when he first started playing regularly but that was quite a while ago. He's not done much recently and 2 games should not be enough to cement an England place.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The england squad should be picked based on form and function. You need players with different qualities to complement each other and offer options. There is a reason why we had Gerard, Scholes and Lampard in midfield for England and it never worked.

Greenwood is different to our other striking options. Bamford is a system player, DCL has falled off a bit of a cliff considering he is their main man and he is again, a bit of a classic fox in the box so you need the style to suit him.

Don
The england squad should be picked based on form and function. You need players with different qualities to complement each other and offer options. There is a reason why we had Gerard, Scholes and Lampard in midfield for England and it never worked.

Greenwood is different to our other striking options. Bamford is a system player, DCL has falled off a bit of a cliff considering he is their main man and he is again, a bit of a classic fox in the box so you need the style to suit him.

As much as I’d love to see Bamford represent England as you say he’s successful due to the system we play. No way Southgate will be even close to playing attacking football so pointless having Bamford there. Having said that not sure if DCL brings much to the table over him. Need Vardy as a plan B if anything.

Caporegime
I thought Saka would be a cert, but I’m not so sure now.

He has looked quite tired lately, but his plus point is he’s still playing well and is a handy utility player as he can fill so many positions.

I can see him being in the backup part of the squad.

Associate
Hilarious. Clearly you haven't watched him.

So you are telling me he didn't go over 20 games without scoring and the radio program was wrong. One goal in 26 I think they said. Not good enough for a player in the top 4. At least he does have two feet, unlike Rashford so that's a plus for him going forwards.

Soldato
OP
So you are telling me he didn't go over 20 games without scoring and the radio program was wrong. One goal in 26 I think they said. Not good enough for a player in the top 4. At least he does have two feet, unlike Rashford so that's a plus for him going forwards.

You just said DCL should go ahead of him??? DCLs form the past 3 months has been poor.

Man of Honour

You said he won't amount to anything. Based on his clear ability, I would be very surprised if he didn't.

Not many players his age are consistently good, and he's in a sometimes questionable team playing in different positions.

I wouldn't compare him to Foden myself, but he's actually got better stats than him anyway.

Caporegime
Sterling shouldn't be anywhere near the team, but knowing Southgate he will start. I'd have him in the squad because with his pace he can always get at a defender but let's have it right he's been poor recently.

We have a good looking side with some young talent really in form. We may actually go into a tournament with our best players fit.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sterling shouldn't be anywhere near the team, but knowing Southgate he will start. I'd have him in the squad because with his pace he can always get at a defender but let's have it right he's been poor recently.

We have a good looking side with some young talent really in form. We may actually go into a tournament with our best players fit.

Sterling should probably go but he should be an impact sub. Hes one of those players that can turn a tricky game for you but he will do it with a little flash of brilliance, it won't usually be as part of a team performance. You should always be looking to have a first XI that operates as a team to get the most out of all players then your subs should offer tactical changes to that.

Caporegime

Pretty much on how I feel about Grealish. He would have been a no brainer but has been injured for months so will pick Foden instead.

For me at least I would be taking

Henderson

Walker, Stones, Maguire (If Fit), Shaw

Mount, Hendo, Foden

Greenwood, Kane, Rashford.

Don
Pretty much on how I feel about Grealish. He would have been a no brainer but has been injured for months so will pick Foden instead.

For me at least I would be taking

Henderson

Walker, Stones, Maguire (If Fit), Shaw

Mount, Hendo, Foden

Greenwood, Kane, Rashford.

That looks ridiculously unbalanced. Not even a cdm in there, needs a Kalvin or Rice (Kalvin has the better tackling/passing variety). Mount and Foden are most likely going to play off Kane. Is Henderson still injured? Not sure why you selected him when you aren’t choosing Grealish. Greenwood wasn’t even in the last squad to then starting!
I know you are choosing your (biased) side but let’s be honest it will be a 523 with Rice and Kalvin and Sterling Kane and Rashford. Pickford in goal and Lingard somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom