England Euro 2020 Squad Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Players can choose to take the knee (and by choose I mean be accused of being racist if they don't) and fans can choose to boo it (and be accused of being racist).

What a world we live in eh.

The players don't know how stupid they look though, kneeling is a BLM initiative and BLM want to (among other things) dismantle capitalism, so you have people earning £50k-£200k a week showing support for a movement (behind its marketing slogan name) that would if successful see them joining bread lines along with the rest of the crowd, booing or otherwise.

There was nothing wrong with KickItOut, all BLM have achieved in their short time is drive a big wedge between everyone.

Soldato
OP
The players don't know how stupid they look though, kneeling is a BLM initiative and BLM want to (among other things) dismantle capitalism, so you have people earning £50k-£200k a week showing support for a movement (behind its marketing slogan name) that would if successful see them joining bread lines along with the rest of the crowd, booing or otherwise.

There was nothing wrong with KickItOut, all BLM have achieved in their short time is drive a big wedge between everyone.

No it isnt. You are linking to the BLM movement but thats not where "taking the knee" originated.

Caporegime
Yes it was.

They have made it clear why they are taking the knee...the booing is ridiculous.

Maybe but I am just saying I do not really follow the news so upon restart of the league everyone wearing BLM on the back of there shirts and taking the knee I just put two and two together. I am sure a majority of people are of the same thinking.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Regardless of where it originated or what it is meant to represent, there is no reason people have to agree with doing it before every match. How long will this continue? Who calls time on it? What has it achieved?

There will always be racists. Football still wants to break into China in a massive way and China is massively racist. Football only cares about money. Empty gestures like this just end up annoying people and then people come along and call them racist for not wanting to see it done before every match.

Caporegime
Regardless of where it originated or what it is meant to represent, there is no reason people have to agree with doing it before every match. How long will this continue? Who calls time on it? What has it achieved?

There will always be racists. Football still wants to break into China in a massive way and China is massively racist. Football only cares about money. Empty gestures like this just end up annoying people and then people come along and call them racist for not wanting to see it done before every match.
It will continue as long as the players want it to, they have the power.

Soldato
OP

Why on earth would kneeling for 20 seconds annoy people unless they disagree with the message the players are trying to send?

fez

fez

Caporegime
It will continue as long as the players want it to, they have the power.

Who are "the players"? The white players have no say and plenty of the black players will feel pressured to do it for fear of being labelled a coconut or an uncle tom. Black celebrities in the US got a lot of abuse from other black people if they dared question anything to do with BLM last summer.

Why on earth would kneeling for 20 seconds annoy people unless they disagree with the message the players are trying to send?

For various reason. They are bored of seeing it every single game. They don't think it is achieving anything. They don't think that politics should be involved in every area of society. They don't like the visual of people kneeling as it feel subservient. There are many reasons people might not like it. Most people just have a whinge about it occasionally and won't boo but people are also entitled to their own opinion without being labelled racist simply based on not agreeing with an enforced action.

What is the message they are sending as well? That kneeling for 20s will stop people being racist?

Its just a hollow gesture that has very little value any more in my opinion.

If they want to keep doing it then crack on, i'll live, I just don't like people being called racist based on their objection or dislike of a wafty gesture.

Permabanned
Weak arguments are weak. Has nothing to do with politics, doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, its still not true.

Most of the booing people will 100% be racists, we all know what sort of England "fan" they will be, more than likely the same ones fighting at some point in the tournament.

Obviously some of those will not be racist, they will be the misguided loons who think its political or Marxist or some other utter drivel to excuse their **** poor actions.

Soldato
After watching the 2 warm up games I don't have the greatest confidence going into this tournament and would have liked to seen the side Southgate plans on starting with get atleast 45 mins together on the pitch, seems odd that some of the players picked for the friendlys are not even going to the euros.

Soldato
OP
After watching the 2 warm up games I don't have the greatest confidence going into this tournament and would have liked to seen the side Southgate plans on starting with get atleast 45 mins together on the pitch, seems odd that some of the players picked for the friendlys are not even going to the euros.

I imagine a lot of that was because we dont have the euro finals players. You would hope he mixes it up at the first game vs Croatia but he will no doubt end up with a Sterling, Rashford and Kane front three.

fez

fez

Caporegime

All the best teams look rubbish before and at the start of the Euros. Not sure how that applies to England but I live in hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom