England Squad

Soldato
Walker, Dier and Maguire as a back three? I'm not watching but is that genuine?

So you have a rb playing lwb and a rb playing rwb with a rb playing cb and a midfielder playing cb?

Soldato
No subs can salvage this without a complete change of formation and tactics. 7 defensive players in a squad with the likes of Kane, Sancho, Grealish in it is embarrassing.

Soldato
Can Saka not play LWB? Maybe @robfosters can confirm but im sure he could.

Id argue Rice would be better in defence then Walker and Dier tbh. That team is a mess but then Southgate is a crap manager.

Has a nice waistcoat tho.

Caporegime
We did pretty well, much better second half. I dogged Walker earlier but he had a solid game. Mount out wide on the right didn’t really work, Sancho will obviously come back in there if he can stop acting like a knob. If Mount plays he needs to be central. Rashford was lively and I like Hendo and Rice in midfield, bags of energy.

Both were penalties, with that back 3 no way we were going to go a full 90 minutes without a gaff the only surprise is that we didn’t ship more.

Soldato
Both were penalties, with that back 3 no way we were going to go a full 90 minutes without a gaff the only surprise is that we didn’t ship more.

yup, so far as I could see Maguire was at fault for at least 3 of the 6 goals Man U conceded the other week. He's ok and wasn't bad for us but lately he's been a bit calamitous. Greek hangover?

Caporegime
The friendlies should have been the first thing dropped this season, would halve the number of matches. By all means keep the squads together but meaningless matches risk injury and tiredness.

Caporegime
And increase the risk of virus transmission. I'd be happy if International football was cancelled and never came back tbh.
I do enjoy the Euros and the World Cup when it’s on, but the slog to get there is too long. Take the lower level teams, Asan Marino, Andorra, Gibraltar etc and out them into their own mini tournament, the top two into the main draw. They learn nothing getting humped 4, 5 or even more to nil. Cut the groups down into three or four nations so there are six games max, play two per international break.

Soldato
Wish they’d just bin off international friendlies, even more so with the current situation. It’s just not worth the risk in the slightest.

Caporegime
The EFL Cup and internationals are just depressing, EFL Cup is just a youth competition at this point until teams get to the semi finals and England are about as entertaining as a Joe Biden rally.

Back
Top Bottom