England Squad

Soldato
Wouldn't mind someone like Eddie Howe being appointed as manager , at least we'd have attacking intentions then and players chosen based on performances

Should be banging in at least 3 or 4 goals against average sides

Associate
The team seems to be losing its identity after all the hard work since the world cup; at first Southgate did what he had to do in the short space of time by employing 3 at the back and making us solid, then he began to expand with 4-3-3 bringing goals and attacking play for the first time in years was exciting to watch, now that CB seems to be a problem he seems to be panicking and going defensive.
3 at the back is alright but the problem is with his 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 system he has his favourites in Henderson plus another CDM, Kane + Sterling in attack which means there's one spot to fight for between Foden, Sancho, Grealish, Mount, Rashford, and potentially Greenwood, Hudson-Odoi and a few others....also I'm puzzled how Southgate doesn't seem to like TAA, although James was excellent and looked at home, Trippier seems to be his go to Fullback, I'm just waiting for Klopp to give Trent a run in midfield as that's his natural position and I think he would be excellent with his passing etc

Soldato
I was looking last night, couldn't see anyone. Score line proves that.

Guys I'd be the last person to be defending England as I've only watched them once recently

Not surprised there were no goals considering Maguire was sent off early on

As others have mentioned formation and personnel change is required so we can actually attempt to play football

Don
It's not the players that are the problem, the squad is very good.
Southgate is the problem, the amount of hoof ball from Pickford and the CBs was genuinely scary, he just sets out to defend despite having really good attackers. 4141 is what we should be playing, playing out of the back with one CDM. It's a play style that just isn't worth watching anymore.

Caporegime
Indeed, Southgate did a job but he’s showing he’s limited as to how far he can take this team. He’s too defensively minded.

Itd be better to replace him sooner rather than later with a proven winner because we have a lot of talent coming through, it’d be criminal if we didn’t manage to at least compete for major honours over the next 5-10 years.

Soldato
Indeed, Southgate did a job but he’s showing he’s limited as to how far he can take this team. He’s too defensively minded.

Itd be better to replace him sooner rather than later with a proven winner because we have a lot of talent coming through, it’d be criminal if we didn’t manage to at least compete for major honours over the next 5-10 years.

I don't think there is any proven winners available, unless you are thinking of poaching one?

Soldato
if ever there was a clear demonstration why Pope should be ahead of Pickford it was that horror lunge on Virgil VD at the weekend. How on earth the ref didn't book him, and then the weasel FA saying they won't charge him (one can only speculate whether that would be any different were he not in the England Jersey) both puzzle me. That was reckless at best, and completely uncontrolled. Both feet in the air - any outfield player would have got a straight red. If that happens in a tournament there would be no mercy from the officials. We've got to ditch him asap IMO.

Soldato
Better off with Ranieri, a proven winner. Good at mission impossible

And an excellent record in international football :D

Well while I have a never-ending soft-spot for Ranieri courtesy of that miracle season, the ground work was Mr Pearson - I'd rather see him take on the England role. He knows how to get an attacking side to break well. He did more of a mission impossible than Ranieri for that great escape the season before. It was that run that laid the groundwork for the league win the following year. Ranieri also let them sell Kante which I don't think I will ever forgive him for when we're heading into the Champions League.

Associate
Kante had a release clause in his contract, which was met. Not that this is relevant as neither Ranieri or Pearson will be anywhere near the England job!

Caporegime
Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley), Dean Henderson (Manchester United)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Reece James (Chelsea), Michael Keane (Everton), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Harry Winks (Tottenham)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

Squad for ROI (Friendly), Belgium and Iceland (Nations League).

Not many surprises in there.

Back
Top Bottom