England Squad

Soldato
I can't imagine how deflated the whole of Scotland were when he missed the penalty, that at least consoles me a little after watching that poor excuse for a football game.

Forgot how many times Smith said not too worry as the players were a little rusty, didn't Iceland players have the same lack of practice or is it only an excuse we can use?

Soldato
called it before the start. Now that the match has happened does anyone want to say if they think Southgate was right to start with Rice, Kane and Pickford?

Caporegime
Christ... Rice, Philips and Dier in midfield, that's a stretch even for Southgate. Have we ever fielded a more defensive minded midfield? Glad Philips is getting a game, but not sure how he thinks we're creating anything with that midfield. Why no Grealish? Why no Mount?

Can't understand how Dier keeps getting a game, he's absolutely gash whether that's midfield or defence.

Edit: Sky think its a back 3 with Trent and Trippier as wide midfielders. Not convinced we will line up that way, either way im not seeing why Rice and Philips in midfield instead of one of them with someone more attacking.

Last edited:
Soldato
what really hacks me off is sticking with Pickford. Is there anyone on here who would do the same? I'm happy to have a debate, but I just don't see how he is a better option than Pope?

Caporegime
what really hacks me off is sticking with Pickford. Is there anyone on here who would do the same? I'm happy to have a debate, but I just don't see how he is a better option than Pope?

No chance, he'd arguably not even be in the squad for me.

This game worries me, Beligum might've beat Denmark but they were well in the game and are no duds by any stretch. We are going to need Sancho, Kane and Sterling to be bang on it if we're going to win.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s just stupid. That’s Southgate for you though.

edit : what was he doing there?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom