England Squad

Soldato
Theres a lot wrong with England but it doesnt help they dont have a worldy up top. Im talking about a world class number 9. Sorry but Kane just isnt it. He can finish but anything else? Nope.

Soldato
He's not match sharp, when he's at it his all around game is actually pretty top notch.

Its hard to connect when you don't have anyone near you as well.

Yea but this keeps happening. Kane is so one dimensional. It doesn't help and I agree that the team hasn't played well but I can't remember the last time Kane did. Making him captain was a big mistake imo.

Soldato
The BBC :

Skipper Harry Kane still looks that yard off the pace.

He looks to get away from Chelsea man Andreas Christensen, but succeeds in only running into the Danish centre-half.

Worrying signs for Spurs heading into the new season on Saturday?

Yea that's Harry Kane. He isn't very mobile.

Soldato
Nah, he's been drifting all over the place.

Reckon he'll play much for Chelsea this year with all their signings? Be a shame if not, really rate him
Looks more like Sterling and him roaming from side to side than anything else tbh.

This is hilarious. Grealish finally gets on the pitch and no **** will pass to him.

Caporegime
Yea but this keeps happening. Kane is so one dimensional. It doesn't help and I agree that the team hasn't played well but I can't remember the last time Kane did. Making him captain was a big mistake imo.

We must be watching a different player, his link up and all around play at Spurs is very solid. In this game he doesn't have a player within 25 yards whenever he gets the ball, no one up with him, no one in and around him, no one going past him. He can't do a lot in that situation except try and get a shot away.

When he's fully fit we will see how he gets on, if he stays fit it'll be another 20+ goal season im sure.

Who else would you make captain? He's pretty much a model pro I can't think of who else would get it. Henderson is about the only other player I can think of, I wouldn't mind either having it.

Last edited:
Soldato
We must be watching a different player, his link up and all around play at Spurs is very solid. In this game he doesn't have a player within 25 yards whenever he gets the ball, no one up with him, no one in and around him, no one going past him. He can't do a lot in that situation except try and get a shot away.

When he's fully fit we will see how he gets on, if he stays fit it'll be another 20+ goal season im sure.

Who else would you make captain? He's pretty much a model pro I can't think of who else would get it. Henderson is about the only other player I can think of, I wouldn't mind either having it.

I'm not buying it I'm afraid. He could have just passed it to Sterling, went for goal and didnt score. Sound familiar? As for another 20+ goal season, assuming we are talking the league here then he hasnt done that for two seasons

To say he has a solid all round game he doesnt have as many assists as Trent in his PL career. He's got 8 assists in the last three seasons. His best season was 17/18 padded by a world cup campaign with penalties everywhere and a couple of hat tricks and braces when it was irrelevant.

I think he's incredibly fortunate we have very little quality up top. I cant think of a top side he starts for.

I think he's living off his number from a few years back tbh

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not buying it I'm afraid. He could have just passed it to Sterling, went for goal and didnt score. Sound familiar? As for another 20+ goal season, assuming we are talking the league here then he hasnt done that for two seasons

To say he has a solid all round game he doesnt have as many assists as Trent in his PL career. He's got 8 assists in the last three seasons. His best season was 17/18 padded by a world cup campaign with penalties everywhere and a couple of hat tricks and braces when it was irrelevant.

I think he's incredibly fortunately we have very little quality up top. I cant think of a top side he starts for.

I think he's living off his number from a few years back tbh

He hasn't scored 20 in the league because he's missed games through injury, had he played a full season it'd be 20+. However I was referring to total apps and goals.

He isn't going to have loads of assists, that's not the way the flow of a game works for a more traditional 9. How many assists did Van Nistelrooy get? How many assists did Shearer get?

How many players have a better scoring ratio? His primary job is to score of which he does plenty. As for Trent he plays out wide as an incredibly attacking full back, of course he's going to have more assists than a traditional number 9.

For me he'd start for 99% of clubs on the planet. It'd be easier to list the sides he wouldn't start for, I'd love to see him get a move to a City.... I honestly think he'd score a ridiculous amount of goals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom