England Squad

Soldato
Thats absolutely right. I usually bet against my club team (Newcastle)

But I couldn't give a monkeys whether England win or lose :D
you have my commiserations. One day MA will leave. Every year we look on from the outside and think "he'll sell this year surely?" but just like groundhog day...

Caporegime
I can relate to that somewhat, the Venkys basically ruined live football for me. Alternate Saturdays meant down the rovers without fail for years.... not anymore. Fit and proper test my rear.

Soldato
OP
Theres now a Snapchat video of mason greenwood inhaling laughing gas

he needs dropping on his ass and not being anywhere near the full england setup

Caporegime
OGS.

“have to understand he’s an 18-year-old kid who needs managing”.

“I’ve worked and the club have worked and all the staff here worked really hard,” Solskjaer said.

“We gave Mason enough time on the pitch, we gave him exposure in the media. Then you come to the end of the season and we’ve had less than two weeks off and he’s called up to the national team.

“I have to be honest enough to say I tried my best to give him a rest over the summer. That the club we asked specifically and pointed out that he should have had a rest.

“He needs it mentally and physically after that season he had. First thing that happens is 1) he’s called up, and 2) he’s right there in the press.

“We’ve done whatever we can to protect him and I will keep on helping him. I know that when he comes back into the daily routine of the club and what we do to him, he’ll be fine.”

Soldato
that's a good manager tbh. He's not said what he did is ok. He's not said he won't give him a kicking. He's doing what a good manager should though and deflecting the question onto what the club will do to help the player improve.

Soldato
that's a good manager tbh. He's not said what he did is ok. He's not said he won't give him a kicking. He's doing what a good manager should though and deflecting the question onto what the club will do to help the player improve.

Completely disagree. He has basically blamed England and the media for him getting a few prostitutes, breaking that bubble and inhaling balloons. He has to take some responsibility for his actions.

Caporegime

Weak manager if you ask me. Doesn't want to deal with it so just blames someone else.

Caporegime
Its in the quote.

Needed a rest
“We gave Mason enough time on the pitch, we gave him exposure in the media. Then you come to the end of the season and we’ve had less than two weeks off and he’s called up to the national team.

“I have to be honest enough to say I tried my best to give him a rest over the summer. That the club we asked specifically and pointed out that he should have had a rest.

Press/call up
“He needs it mentally and physically after that season he had. First thing that happens is 1) he’s called up, and 2) he’s right there in the press.

Soldato
Not to take away from the fact of "WTF surely everyone knows it's not a great idea to hire hookers full stop, nevermind when on England duty, especially not during an international pandemic lockdown" but in that quote he doesn't say what Greenwood did was ok, he just shifts onto he's been dumb, now he's back we'll try and drum some sense into him. That is a good thing no?

Granted if it were me I'd be more critical but OGS rarely is of anyone.

Caporegime
Squad for the next 3 games being announced at 2...

Want to see Calvert-Lewin and Ings in, also maybe James as he's looked good for Chelsea. Foden and Greenwood should be noway near.

Soldato
It's funny DCL has been one of those under-achievers (or over-hyped players) for a while, suddenly it's like the tap's been turned on. Hopefully it's not a one-season wonder affair.

Back
Top Bottom