England v Sri Lanka **spoilers**

Soldato
Gonna be a long day for Sri Lanka by the looks of things!!

Bowled out for 192 in the first innings and have just lost their 1st wicket in the second following on!

10-1 atm

Where are Sri Lanka ranked in the test standings? Because so far they've been spanked like I would expect Bangladesh or someone to be.

Soldato
England have blew this game I think :( Still cant get Sri Lanka out they 151 ahead now!

They say theres about 49 overs left in todays play but I honestly cant see them getting the weather last long enough to get the runs even if they do get Sri Lanka out.

Whats the score with bad light and batting? Normally the umpires offer it to the batsmen but if England are on the chase they wont come off but surely they cant keep playing till its dark? Can the umpires make them pack up or make Sri Lanka only bowl slow bowlers (Murali will bowl half the overs anyway I expect)

Soldato
Yeah umpires can take teams off when they feel its to dark. Max of 90 overs in the day. Cant see it happening. Bowlers been at it too long, flintoff has now bowled 50 overs + 17 he bowled in the first innings so 67 without a break really is a lot.

Cant see anything other than a draw now. Maybe we should have batted a session or 2 instead of following on.

Soldato
Scratch that, they've gone off for the light. Shame, but Sri Lanka deserve no less than a draw after that comeback. England should have finished them off faster than they did though: 8 dropped catches tells the story :(

Soldato
umpires chat about poor light, as commentators said 1 bouncer and theyre off and flintoff goes and bowls a short one and off they go!!

Man of Honour
That's the end of that then, and we've only got ourselves to blame really.

Yes, Sri Lanka put up a fantastic fight and all credit to them for doing so, but yet again, one of the three main cricket disciplines lets us down. Usually, it's the batting or bowling that does for us. This time it's sloppy fielding and far too many dropped catches. This match should never have seen a fifth day.

I thought maybe there was a chance, however slim, that we'd actually get it right this year after the Ashes success last year, but obviously not. :(

Just to pick on one individual in particular (though he's by no means the only one to blame), what the hell is Panesar doing there? He may well have got two wickets, but I've rarely seen such incompetent fielding at international level. Such a shame. :(

Oh well, expect to see the Aussies wiping the floor with us around Christmas time then. :(

Man of Honour
OP
Same team for today's Test, I thought Lewis might of got the nod ahead of Monty as the weather forecast & conditions are poor.
Harmison got a few wickets on his comeback yesterday:)

We lost the toss & are bowling...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom