England vrs Turkey and other (Spoiler Thread)

Associate
Beckham really needs to be careful. Last thing we need is a red card.

Be interesting to know the possesion stats are so far, Turkey must have had around 60-70%

Soldato
wat a dive by owen ;)

the match is getting too heated and both team are alittle to fired up

beckham is looking too fired up he is gonna get himself sent off, he is the captain he should be leading by example and walking away from petty little arguements

Man of Honour
OP
EDIT I also need to calm down, get far too worked up about the England team which is why I often watch it away form the forums so I dont get myslef in trouble or annoy other posters too much.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I tell you what why dont we just give becks a free role to go wherever he wants on the pitch and do Gerrards job for him while Gerrard sits back relaxes and has a nice cup of tea with Rio and Campbell ?

EDIT Jazz I edited that out of my post.

Picture how wound up I get when Man utd play Arsenal. Multiply by around 10 and you will get somewhere near how i feel when England are playing. sorry.

Soldato
Rooney looks like he's been playing international football for ten years, he's doing us proud at the moment.

The midfield need to close the Turks down, they're giving them too much space.

Soldato
wat a piece of play by rooney and a good save by rustu.

Rooney has been quiet so far but like in the arsenal match one good bit of skill by him and he bursts into life, that kid is special

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Big Kev
Rooney looks like he's been playing international football for ten years, he's doing us proud at the moment.

I think it's that he hasn't that is his bonus. he's not bogged down like the rest of the squad.

Man of Honour
OP
Half Time not bad so far by England think were edging it slightly but I really would be thinking of bringing

Dyer on for Gerrard to make more of the game down the left as Gerrard is playing to deep.

Dyers pace will also help Owen and rooney as he will be able to go box to box to support the forwards.

One fan injured in crowd trouble outside the ground before the match. ENgland fans trying to stop turkey fans getting into the ground.

Associate
Sounds like there has been a bit of crowd trouble outside of the stadium. To be honest considering its Turkey it doesnt supprise me too much.

Soldato
Gotta say England are very poor, luckily Turkey aren't much better. Here's how i see it so far:

Rooney and Campbell - Playing very well
Beckham, Ferdinand and James - Doing OK
Scholes, Butt and Neville - Poor
Owen, Bridge and Gerrard - Need shooting

Rooney is truely showing Owen up as the unskillful player he is. Bring off Gerrard and Butt then flatten the midfield. I hope Sven considers the fact that Beattie, Defoe and Jeffers are at home and there is no one good enough to go on in place of Owen.

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
I think it's that he hasn't that is his bonus. he's not bogged down like the rest of the squad.

I meant his temperament, he doesn't look fazed by anything and it's a joy to watch.

I said before, with him in the side, we now have that unexpected factor that can often win games.

Man of Honour
OP
maybe bring off Butt and Gerrard and replace with Lampard and Dyer ?

leaving

Beckham, Scholes, Lampard, Dyer

that to me would be a better midfield for the second half.

Back
Top Bottom