England vs. France [Read during Euro2004]

Soldato
Originally posted by mysticsniper
Funny I don't see it that way, France did how well in the last major tournament (World Cup) :rolleyes:

Don't forget they won the 2 major tournaments before that, have a look at their record after getting knocked out as well.

Associate
Originally posted by tom_w
A bit worried we're going to get totally embarrased. We'll see in the summer!

When was the last time England got hammered? Even if we aren't playing well, we are not exactly easy to beat.

It will be a close game.

Soldato
I hoping that this picture could be is the starting line-up for England against the froggs

england_port_19281.jpeg

Soldato
as bungee said, when was the last time england got hammered?

We arent an easy side to beat. Im not taking anything away from france, they are a class side with class players.

We've got some damn good players as well

Associate
Originally posted by Gilly
Nah, if James isn't playing it should be Robbo. Nige has been class, and is still a very good keeper, but Robbo is the future.

Robbo? he's an average keeper, over-rated (well was, not anymone really), if he was as good as everyone said, he'd of been in the england side a long time ago, sorry, it's chrisy kirky thats the future mate! :D

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Tom L
Robbo? he's an average keeper, over-rated (well was, not anymone really), if he was as good as everyone said, he'd of been in the england side a long time ago, sorry, it's chrisy kirky thats the future mate! :D

lol :)

Can't tell if that's suppost to be a joke or not so laughed assuming it was :)

Associate
lol :)

Can't tell if that's suppost to be a joke or not so laughed assuming it was :)

im afraid it's the truth my friend. robinson has been available for england for ages now and has enough experience, so that excuse can't be used anymore. hes been kept out of the squad the majority of time by a division 1 keeper, he just isn't good enough, and most people are starting to see this.

tord grip and erikkson both know kirkland is the future #1, and would have secured the spot a longtime ago if he hadnt been so unlucky with injuries, he even got picked for the squad when he was fit and wasnt in the first 11 at liverpool! thats how highly hes rated.

he'll be #1 for euro 2004 if he stays clear of injury.

Man of Honour
I've said for some time that Robbo and Kirkland will be vying for the number 1 shirt for years to come. Unfortunately, that won't be the case as Kirkland can't string 5 matches together without getting injured. Robinson is a classy keeper. No 2 ways about it.

Associate
OP
I'll give you odds of 50/1 that Kirkland is not England's #1 at Euro 2004 if you like? Want to put some money on m8?

Associate
I'll give you odds of 50/1 that Kirkland is not England's #1 at Euro 2004 if you like? Want to put some money on **?

ill save this thread and bring it up in june - if kirkland is injury-free, he'll be #1 :)

Back
Top Bottom