England vs. France [Read during Euro2004]

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Dual_XP_Jedi
Not a chance Kirkland is better than both James and Robbo. Dont care what ya say Gilly :p

1. Robinson has more experience
2. Robinson is older
3. Robinson doesn't get injured every other match

Thats without even speaking about their ability :)

Associate
Originally posted by Gilly
1. Robinson has more experience
2. Robinson is older
3. Robinson doesn't get injured every other match

Thats without even speaking about their ability :)

how come robinson isn't #1 then? hes got more than enough experience and has been in the squad for ages - he's just not good enough as everyone thinks - overrated.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Tom L
how come robinson isn't #1 then? hes got more than enough experience and has been in the squad for ages - he's just not good enough as everyone thinks - overrated.

Because those stats were in comparison to Kirkland, not james.

Sven prefers James and he's done alright for England recently. That is all.

You've obviously not seen much of Robbo this season.

Associate
OP
But you know Kirkland is better? You've probably seen him play about 5 or 6 times. He's barely played 20 top level games his entire career. If he didn't play for Liverpool, you'd laugh at it as much as everybody who's not a Liverpool fan here is :)

Premiership appearances for Kirkland: 10
Premiership clean sheets kept: 3

In fact, Robinson has kept more clean sheets just this season, playing behind the second worst (worst?) defence in the league, than Kirkland has his whole career in the top flight =)

Last edited:
Associate
watched him during his coventry career - was outstanding for them, and has been for liverpool when hes played - tipped to be #1 keeper when his injuries at behind him by everyone, apart from a few deluded fans.

Associate
OP
Only tipped by Liverpool fans though? Suggestion laughed at by anyone else? Probably be about 2 years before he's a regular for club, let alone country :)

Associate
deary me :]

think about it, if robinson was half as good as everyone "use" to say, he would be with a decent club by now, seeing as leeds are desperate to sell, they couldnt even sell him to villa for 3.5!?! and wasnt he turned down by arsenal in the summer when they desperately needed a keeper before they got lemon?

robinson is just another average english keeper, hes a squad player for england, not a first teamer.

Associate
OP
Ok ok. We'll see in the summer! Probably end up being James number 1 anyway to be honest, Sven seems to love him.

Soldato
Arsenal didn't go for him, we got 2 very good young keepers in Taylor and Stack so Wenger chose a more experienced keeper. btw his name is Lehmann ;)

Just because he plays for a poor club that doesn't make him bad. If we went by than that then players like Rooney aren't very good either. Oh its not like Liverpool is a very good club now is it ;)

Kirkland is allright but no way as good as your making it out. He plays behind a decent defense and I'll admit he has done ok. Him and Robinson are probably about equal....

Originally posted by tom_w
Ok ok. We'll see in the summer! Probably end up being James number 1 anyway to be honest, Sven seems to love him.

That is coz he is a good goalkeeper. His brain does freeze at times but otherwise he is a good goalkeeper. His past rep is still hurting him......

Soldato
i think james will the number 1 for euro 2004 as hes deserved it with some decent displays.

As for kirkland he really is a quality keeper, i know im a liverpool fan but you have to take my word for it. Hes just been so unlucky with the injuries hes had.

As for robinson for leeds, i think hes also a class keeper. I also think the keeper everton bought from arsenal (his name has left me) is quality as well..

Three very good keepers for the future

Associate
OP
Richard Wright. I think he was incredibly unlucky that he made some pretty high profile gaffs at Arsenal iirc, which pretty much did the same to his repuatiton as James'/Seaman's gaffs did.

Soldato
Ahh yes Richard Wright, it seemed like he just bottled it and couldn't play for a big side. Got really upset when Wenger dropped him for the FA cup final and when he realised Seaman was staying he wanted out. A little more patience and he probably would have been our first choice goalkeeper right now.......

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Gooner14
Shilton as backup!

Speaking of Shilton, you reminded me of a dream I had a couple of days ago. England was playing someone, can't remember who, and it was 0-0 in the last minute. Shilton was in goal for us, but just before the whistle was blown there was a corner and all of a sudden Shilton was in the box and bosch! He headed it in! :confused:

PS: Does anyone else think Shilton's face looks a bit like Andre The Giant's? :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Deadly Ferret
Speaking of Shilton, you reminded me of a dream I had a couple of days ago. England was playing someone, can't remember who, and it was 0-0 in the last minute. Shilton was in goal for us, but just before the whistle was blown there was a corner and all of a sudden Shilton was in the box and bosch! He headed it in! :confused:

Sure it wasn't Robinson or Glass? :)

Soldato
Peter%20Shilton.jpg

1000935-movie.jpg

lmao

Back
Top Bottom