England warm up games **Spoilers**

Soldato
Its a waste of time judging an england team on friendly matches, the players dont have a high incentive to win them.

At the end of the day, in proper competitive matches when it counts Mr Eriksson has a great record for england.

That being said i'd be surprised if england make the semi's, were not even the best team in europe so dont know why people talk about winning the world cup :o

Permabanned
The_One said:
Its a waste of time judging an england team on friendly matches, the players dont have a high incentive to win them.

At the end of the day, in proper competitive matches when it counts Mr Eriksson has a great record for england.

That being said i'd be surprised if england make the semi's, were not even the best team in europe so dont know why people talk about winning the world cup :o

Who would you say is better in Europe then?

Soldato
This is so very very poor.

Same old same old, no pace down the sides, no one to commit players, no one to go past players, Hungary sit back, not a lot happens as we either have Beckham losing possesion straight away with his stupid long passes, or we hit a dead end playing up the middle.

Yes, Beckham made ONE good cross that half.
Not enough to warrent his place.

PLEASE change it.

Don
Stag said:
Who would you say is better in Europe then?

True, I'd say all of the England team would walk into most European nation teams, and I bet the top European clubs would like an England player in their team (talking from England's best 11 here)

It's just about making them play together well is the problem.

Soldato
You summed it right up.

England imho are just like real madrid, great talented individual players

but cant play together for love nor money

Soldato
Its just such bad football, yet the premiership has in my opinion the best football in the world. But you can tell most of it is foriegn players. England just dont know what to do when they have the ball and are on the break. They just scramble it away from the box (when they managed to do that) and then do bugger all. As a team were so outclassed its unreal.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
You could say the same about everyone in the team tonight except Robinson, J. Cole & Owen:)
I'd put G Neville with those as well. I know loads of people hate him - but he does a job for club & country. :)

Soldato
andybtsn said:
Why Spain? What have they proven?

Portugal, lost to Greece in Euro final, again, what have they done to be better than England?

It isnt about whos won more, were talking about whos better team at this moment in time and i'd rate all of them above england.

Czech republic are currently ranked number 2 behind brazil in world rankings and i have a sly bet on them for the world cup so im going to say there better than england any day of the week. (Based on current form and how they play as a TEAM)

Man of Honour
OP
deSade said:
I'd put G Neville with those as well. I know loads of people hate him - but he does a job for club & country. :)
I'd agree, that still leaves the majority of England's finest who fail to turn club form into country form. Beckham has apparently been outstanding at RM...

Soldato
R5Rich said:
Its just such bad football, yet the premiership has in my opinion the best football in the world. But you can tell most of it is foriegn players. England just dont know what to do when they have the ball and are on the break. They just scramble it away from the box (when they managed to do that) and then do bugger all. As a team were so outclassed its unreal.

totally agree, for such amazing players as sky and the bbc always tell us. A lot of them have a poor touch and struggle to pass to well. its all good and well to look great against duff premier league fodder, but the international stage really does show a lot of them up

Back
Top Bottom