Epic Games Store now open!

Soldato
The Apple vs Epic court case is the most popcorn worthy, hilarious display I've seen in ages, anybody else following it?

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17442392/epic-games-inc-v-apple-inc/

It can be summarised thusly:
* Epic plan to provoke Apple into removing Fortnite from the Appstore by intentionally breaking their TOS (by adding an alternative payment method inside the app)
* They then attempt to issue a huge, obviously preprepared Antitrust lawsuit
* They also start a marketing campaign directed at Fortnite players (kids) to pressure Apple to back down (wtf?)
* Apple respond by saying they no longer trust Epic's motives and move to remove all Unreal Engine based software from their platform
* Tim Sweeny issues probably the most pathetically hypocritical statement I have ever seen, complaining that it isn't fair for them to limit the platforms that developers on iOS can choose from because of how important competition and consumer choice is

Apple are far from the perfect company but I find it so laughable that Epic thought they could somehow strongarm them into doing anything, and that it has so hilariously backfired from them is amusing to no end.

Haha, of course I haven't :D

They're sat at the back of the queue, behind a million unplayed, paid for games in my Steam library.

Might want to make a start... on top of all the stats coming out showing that revenue and sales on EGS are pretty dire, and now with their reckless behaviour alienating mobile developers and shutting out a huge chunk of the already dwindling Fortnite playerbase; I can't help but wonder how long their masters will want to let the EGS experiment continue

Man of Honour
Rocket league is now free. If you download the game you get a £10 voucher to spend on a game

Nice, I already have it on Steam, but claimed it on Epic just to get the £10 voucher. I still have a £10 voucher to use from the last Epic sale, so now I have £20 worth of vouchers to use on there :D

Ree

Ree

Associate
Ah for Ubi games, I use the 100 uplay points to get 20% off on uplay so I always end up getting my ubisoft games direct on uplay.

yeah the tenner works out more saved than what i would get with the 20%. for instance the last ubi game i got was break point which i got for £6.50 with the tenner off. if it was £16.50 on ubi the twenty percent off isn't anywhere near the saved tenner. the game is on both launchers too.

Back
Top Bottom