Epson XP-455 Problem

Associate
Good morning.
I'm having difficulty trying to find help for this problem; I hope you can help.
My printer came out with the message
"Printer error.
Turn power off and on again.
For details, see your documentation.
000041"

Following the instructions, I turned off and on again several times but it made no difference.
Then following some advice that I found here https://medium.com/@JessecaDavies/h...ter-error-code-000041-easy-steps-cf843dbe7f3d I uninstalled the driver then eventually managed to reinstall it. (I first tried to re-install the driver from the disc using the Run InstallNavi.exe but kept getting the message installnavi stopped working. Eventually, I looked in the folders on the disc and found the WIN64 folder and used setup64 from that (the driver did install successfully from setup64.) Then I reconnected the Wi-Fi, but now when I try to print I get a dialogue box on screen that says the printer is "Not ready" with this message; "You cannot print offline. Connect the product to computer and turn the power on. Click [Online] when displayed, or click [Print Queue] and change settings to Online settings.
Alternatively, you can cancel the print job by clicking [Cancel] when displayed".

I checked the connection from the menu on the LCD screen on the printer, which claims that the connection is OK.
Also, when I connected the printer to the PC via the USB cable nothing at all happens when I click on print'.

The printer is XP-455; Serial number X5C8075233
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The printer then began to make a noise like a ratchet slipping. (This noise has now stopped)

Tried to photocopy but got message 'ink low' (black) briefly then 000041 error showed again. Turned off the printer then the ink carrier came to rest partly out of 'home' position.

Replaced black ink but still get the message on PC screen 'Printer not ready. You cannot print offline ...' etc. And still, nothing happens when I try to print via USB.

Any help most appreciated.
Thanks
Eric

Back
Top Bottom