1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equilibrium

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by oldbag, 10 Jul 2006.

1. oldbag

Sgarrista

Haha... did anyone see this one? Apart from the dodgy unconvincing CGI and blatant Matrix rips it was quite amusing, although I am sure I was laughing when I wasn't supposed to.

2. makeshiftwings

Hitman

I watched it until Sean Bean was killed. Then I didn't see the point in watching it, wasn't exactly engaging.

3. oldbag

Sgarrista

It didn't get much better after that.

4. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

I enjoyed it for the action sequences even if some of the effects were a bit ropey but it's watchable

5. Steedie

Man of Honour

Fools :p, top notch film

The last few scenes are fantastic, and the fights/gun battles match that of the first matrix film

6. daven1986

Mobster

yeah it is a great movie. dunno why you guys didn't like it...

daven

7. stoofa

Capodecina

Excellent film.
    First got a chance to see it when I was making up numbers in a "five for...." deal at HMV and I had 4 DVD's I really wanted and needed a fifth.
    Excellent film, some great fighting sequences and the gunfighting technique art is excellent.

8. Oliver

Hitman

I thought it was quite poorly made but its overall meaning was good. The worst parts of the film for me were the fight scenes. I don't know why they put stuff like that into otherwise good films and make it trashy. Actually I do, it's to make it sell to a wider audience :\ Woe is capitalism!

9. Van Hellseek

Capodecina

i liked it. some nice idea's (along with some pretty trite ones though i admit).
    plus it pretty much defines "cyberpunk". ie dark future, fascist regime, reluctant hero etc.

10. Bill101

Soldato

what a pile of toss!
    it took the worst bits of almost every Sci-fi film.As for the Reference to Citizen Kane, well it just was not worthy of it.
    I made myself watch it in the hope that it would at least have some originality in it but no such luck.I started to compile a list of all the films that it was stealing scenes from by the end.

11. james.miller

Capodecina

bah we dont care. Show me an origianl film then. Equilibrium is one of my favourites.

12. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

It doesn't really, imo :p

Cyberpunk's a whole aesthetic thing to me as well...

Aaaanyways that doesn't really matter, I love Equilibrium personally, top film :)

13. molinari

Soldato

If you watch it for what it is, it's a good film with some very good gun kata. If you take it too seriously, you'll miss the whole point of it :p.

In my opinion, a very good film :).

14. Nismo

Capodecina

Decent film considering it had such a low budget IIRC.

15. Spunj99

Mobster

Christian Bale = ace.

Equilibrium = Christian Bale - average story

Conclusion: Equilibrium = good.

16. Cronox

Gangster

I got on DVD a few years back after a couple of recommendations (of the "omg you have to see this, way better than the matrix" type). I thought it was alright, did well considering the budget and the story is decent for an action movie. I really didn't like the gun-fight scenes much though, their whole explanation about the math behind it always seemed like a lame excuse for fairly weak scenes (no doubt brought about by the limited budget).

17. Scam

Capodecina

Ouch, no way :\

I thought it was ok, didnt know what to expect. It was entertaining and i liked the idea of gun kata, as silly as it is. I just couldnt accept the premise of people not feeling emotion when they quite clearly smile and stuff all the way through the film.

18. james.miller

Capodecina

a lot of them dont smile lol. Noly really partridge (Sean Bean), Preston at the end of the film (Bale) and Father (Sean Pertwee) really showed any emotion in the film. Oh and Presonts kids towards the end of the film.

19. Lil old me

Mobster

And they only do that because they havent had their 'interval'.

20. Dave

Mobster

Brave New World rip off you mean ;)

I've got it on DVD, I think it's a great film :)